Announcing the opening of the Percona Live Open Source Database Conference Europe 2017 in Dublin, Ireland call for papers. It will be open from now until July 17, 2017.*
Do you have a big idea to explain, use case to share or skill to teach? Submit your speaking proposal for either breakout or tutorial sessions. This is your chance to put your developer ideas, business and case studies, and operational expertise in front of an intelligent, engaged audience of open source technology users.
The theme of Percona Live Europe 2017 is “Championing Open Source Databases,” with sessions in MySQL, MariaDB, MongoDB and other open source databases, including time series databases, PostgreSQL and RocksDB. Are you:
- Working with MongoDB as a developer?
- Creating a new MySQL-variant time series database?
- Deploying MariaDB in a novel way?
- Using open source database technology to solve a particular business issue?
We are looking for topics that address a variety of open source issues. The tracks at this year’s conference are:
- Business / Case Studies
We invite you to submit your speaking proposal for breakout, tutorial or lightning talk sessions. Share your open source database experiences with peers and professionals in the open source community by presenting a:
- Breakout Session. Broadly cover a technology area using specific examples. Sessions should be either 25 minutes or 50 minutes in length (including Q&A).
- Tutorial Session. Present a technical session that aims for a level between a training class and a conference breakout session. Encourage attendees to bring and use laptops for working on detailed and hands-on presentations. Tutorials will be three or six hours in length (including Q&A).
- Lightning Talk. Give a five-minute presentation focusing on one key point that interests the open source community: technical, lighthearted or entertaining talks on new ideas, a successful project, a cautionary story, a quick tip or demonstration.
Speaking at Percona Live Europe is a great way to build your personal and company brands. If selected, you will receive a complimentary full conference pass!
*NOTE: We have changed our registration platform this year, so you will need to register before submitting a talk idea (even if you have previously registered).
Tips for Submitting
Include presentation details, but be concise. Clearly state:
- Purpose of the talk (problem, solution, action format, etc.)
- Covered technologies
- Target audience
- Audience takeaway
Keep proposals free of sales pitches. The Committee is looking for in-depth technical talks, not ones that sound like a commercial.
Be original! Make your presentation stand out by submitting a proposal that focuses on real-world scenarios, relevant examples, and knowledge transfer.
Submit your proposals as soon as you can – the call for papers closes July 17, 2017!