Percona Server 5.5.51-38.1 is now availableHrvoje Matijakovic
Percona announces the release of Percona Server 5.5.51-38.1 on August 19, 2016. Based on MySQL 5.5.51, including all the bug fixes in it, Percona Server 5.5.51-38.1 is now the current stable release in the 5.5 series.
- PAM Authentication Plugin would abort authentication while checking UNIX user group membership if there were more than a thousand members. Bug fixed #1608902.
- PAM Authentication Plugin didn’t support spaces in the UNIX user group names. Bug fixed #1544443.
DROP DATABASEwould fail to delete some of the tables in the database, the partially-executed command is logged in the binlog as
DROP TABLE t1, t2, ...for the tables for which drop succeeded. A slave might fail to replicate such DROP TABLE statement if there exist foreign key relationships to any of the dropped tables and the slave has a different schema from the master. Fixed by checking, on the master, whether any of the database to be dropped tables participate in a Foreign Key relationship, and fail the
DROP DATABASEstatement immediately. Bug fixed #1525407 (upstream #79610).
- Percona Server 5.5 could not be built with the
-DMYSQL_MAINTAINER_MODE=ONoption. Bug fixed #1590454.
- In the client library, any
EINTRreceived during network I/O was not handled correctly. Bug fixed #1591202 (upstream #82019).
- The included
.gitignorein the percona-server source distribution had a line
*.spec, which means someone trying to check in a copy of the percona-server source would be missing the spec file required to build the RPM packages. Bug fixed #1600051.
- The fix for bug #1341067 added a call to free some of the heap memory allocated by OpenSSL. This was not safe for repeated calls if OpenSSL is linked twice through different libraries and each is trying to free the same. Bug fixed #1604676.
- If the changed page bitmap redo log tracking thread stops due to any reason, then shutdown will wait for a long time for the log tracker thread to quit, which it never does. Bug fixed #1606821.
- Performing slow InnoDB shutdown (
0) could result in an incomplete purge, if a separate purge thread is running (which is a default in Percona Server). Bug fixed #1609364.
- Due to security reasons
ld_preloadlibraries can now only be loaded from the system directories (
/usr/lib) and the MySQL installation base directory.
Other bugs fixed:
#1515591 (upstream #79249), #1612551, #1609523, #756387, #1097870, #1603073, #1606478, #1606572, #1606782, #1607224, #1607359, #1607606, #1607607, #1607671, #1608385, #1608424, #1608437, #1608515, #1608845, #1609422, #1610858, #1612084, #1612118, and #1613641.