Percona XtraBackup enables MySQL backups without blocking user queries, making it ideal for companies with large data sets and mission-critical applications that cannot tolerate long periods of downtime. Offered free as an open source solution, Percona XtraBackup drives down backup costs while providing unique features for MySQL backups.
This release is the current GA (Generally Available) stable release in the 2.3 series.
- Percona XtraBackup didn’t respect variables stored in
backup-my.cnfunless it was specified. One needed to specify
--defaults-file=backup-my.cnffor options to be respected. Bug fixed #1527081.
- Percona XtraBackup didn’t abort the backup if
innobackupex --rsynccompleted with error. Bug fixed #1537256.
- When backup was taken on MariaDB 10 with GTID enabled, Percona XtraBackup didn’t store
xtrabackup_slave_infofile but logged it only to
STDERR. Bug fixed #1404484.
- Percona XtraBackup was silently skipping extra arguments. Bug fixed #1533542 (Fungo Wang).
- Percona XtraBackup refuses client connecting to server if it uses old (pre-4.1.1) protocol. To disable this check in order and to allow backing up servers with legacy passwords still set, new
xtrabackup --skip-secure-authoption has been implemented. Bug fixed #1508450.