MySQL QA Episode 7: Reducing Testcases for Beginners – single-threaded reducer.sh!Roel Van de Paar
Welcome to MySQL QA Episode #7 – Reducing Testcases for Beginners: single-threaded reducer.sh!
In this episode we’ll learn how to use reducer.sh. Topics discussed;
- reducer.sh introduction/concepts
- Basic configurable variables & their default reducer.sh settings
- INPUTFILE options
- WORKDIR_LOCATION & WORKDIR_M3_DIRECTORY
- PQUERY_MOD & PQUERY_LOC
- MODE5_COUNTTEXT, MODE5_ADDITIONAL_TEXT & MODE5_ADDITIONAL_COUNTTEXT
- How to learn more about each of the settings
- Manual example
- Introduction to the script’s self-recursion concept – subreducer
- Quick setup re-cap, details of an already executed QA run
- Examples from pquery-prep-red.sh (including some issue reviews)
- QUERYTIMEOUT & STAGE1_LINES Variables
Full-screen viewing @ 720p resolution recommended.
If the speed is too slow for you, consider setting YouTube to 1.25 playback speed.