The Percona Live Data Performance Conference in Amsterdam is just two months away and it’s going to be an incredible event. With a new expanded focus on MySQL, NoSQL, and Data in the Cloud, this conference will be jam-packed with talks from some of the industry’s leading experts from MongoDB, VMware, Oracle, MariaDB, Facebook, Booking.com, Pythian, Google, Rackspace, Yelp (and many more, including of course Percona).
Early Bird pricing ends this Sunday (July 26)! So if you want to save €25, then you’d better register now. And for all of my readers, you can take an additional 10% off the entire registration price by using the promo code “10off” at checkout.
It’s also important to book your room at the Mövenpick Hotel for a special rate – but hurry because that deal ends July 27 and the rooms are disappearing fast due to some other big events going on in Amsterdam that week.
Sponsorship opportunities are also still available for Percona Live Amsterdam. Event sponsors become part of a dynamic and fast-growing ecosystem and interact with hundreds of DBAs, sysadmins, developers, CTOs, CEOs, business managers, technology evangelists, solution vendors and entrepreneurs who typically attend the event. This year’s conference will feature expanded accommodations and turnkey kiosks. Current sponsors include:
We’ve got a fantastic conference schedule on tap. Sessions, which will follow each morning’s keynote addresses, feature a variety of topics related to MySQL and NoSQL, High Availability, DevOps, Programming, Performance Optimization, Replication and Backup, MySQL in the Cloud, MySQL Case Studies, Security, and What’s New in MySQL and MongoDB.
- “InnoDB: A Journey to the Core,” Jeremy Cole, Sr. Systems Engineer, Google, Inc. and Davi Arnaut, Software Engineer, LinkedIn
- “MongoDB Patterns and Antipatterns for Dev and Ops,” Steffan Mejia, Principal Consulting Engineer, MongoDB, Inc.
- “NoSQL’s Biggest Lie: SQL Never Went Away,” Matthew Revell, Lead Developer Advocate, Couchbase
- “The Future of Replication is Today: New Features in Practice,” Giuseppe Maxia, Quality Assurance Architect, VMware
- “What’s New in MySQL 5.7,” Geir Høydalsvik, Senior Software Development Director, Oracle
- “Best Practices for MySQL High Availability,” Colin Charles, Chief Evangelist, MariaDB
- “Mongo Sharding from the Trench: A Veterans Field Guide,” David Murphy, Lead DBA, Rackspace Data Stores
- “Advanced Percona XtraDB Cluster in a Nutshell, La Suite: Hands on Tutorial Not for Beginners!,” Frederic Descamps, Senior Architect, Percona
The conference’s evening events will be a perfect way to network, relax and have FUN while seeing the beautiful city of Amsterdam!
Monday night, September 21, after the tutorial sessions conclude, attendees are invited to the Delirium Cafe located across the street from the conference venue. With more than 500 beers on tap and great food, this will be the perfect way to kick off the Conference.
Tuesday night, September 22, Booking.com will be hosting the Community dinner of the year at their very own headquarters located in historic Rembrandt Square in the heart of the city. Hop on one of the sponsored canal boats that will pick you up right outside of the Mövenpick for your chance to see the city from the water on the way to the community dinner! You’ll be dropped off right next to Booking.com’s offices!
Wednesday night, September 23, there will be a closing reception taking place at the Mövenpick for your last chance to visit with our exhibitors and to wrap up what promises to be an amazing conference!
See you in Amsterdam!