The conference and tutorial schedule for Percona Live Europe 2015, September 21-23 in Amsterdam, was published this morning and this year’s event will focus on MySQL, NoSQL and Data in the Cloud.
Conference sessions, which will follow each morning’s keynote addresses, feature a variety of formal tracks and sessions. Topic areas include: high availability (HA), DevOps, programming, performance optimization, replication and backup, MySQL in the cloud, MySQL and NoSQL. There will also be MySQL case studies, session on security and talks about “What’s new in MySQL.”
Technology experts from the world’s leading MySQL and NoSQL vendors and users – including Oracle, MariaDB, Percona, Facebook, Google, LinkedIn and Yelp – will deliver the sessions. Sessions will include:
- “InnoDB: A Journey to the Core,” Jeremy Cole, Systems Engineer, Google and Davi Arnaut, Software Engineer, LinkedIn
- “MongoDB Patterns and Antipatterns for Dev and Ops,” Steffan Mejia, Principal Consulting Engineer, MongoDB, Inc.
- “NoSQL’s Biggest Lie: SQL Never Went Away,” Matthew Revell, Lead Developer Advocate, Couchbase
- “The Future of Replication is Today: New Features in Practice,” Giuseppe Maxia, Quality Assurance Architect, VMware
- “What’s New in MySQL 5.7,” Geir Høydalsvik, Senior Software Development Director, Oracle
Tutorials provide practical, in-depth knowledge of critical MySQL issues. Topics will include:
- “Best Practices for MySQL High Availability,” Colin Charles, Chief Evangelist, MariaDB
- “Mongo Sharding from the Trench: A Veterans Field Guide,” David Murphy, Lead DBA, Rackspace Data Stores
- “Advanced Percona XtraDB Cluster in a Nutshell, La Suite: Hands on Tutorial Not for Beginners!,” Frederic Descamps, Senior Architect, Percona
- On Monday, September 21 at 5 p.m., Percona will host an opening reception at the Delirium Café in Amsterdam.
- On Tuesday, September 22 at 7 p.m., the Community Dinner will take place at the offices of Booking.com.
- On Wednesday September 23 at 6 p.m., the closing reception will be held at the Mövenpick Hotel, giving attendees one last chance to visit the sponsor kiosks.
Sponsorship opportunities for Percona Live Europe 2015 are still available but they are selling out fast. Event sponsors become part of a dynamic and fast-growing ecosystem and interact with hundreds of DBAs, sysadmins, developers, CTOs, CEOs, business managers, technology evangelists, solution vendors and entrepreneurs who typically attend the event. This year’s conference will feature expanded accommodations and turnkey kiosks. Current sponsors include:
- Diamond: VMware
- Exhibitors: MariaDB, Severalnines
- Media: Business Cloud News, Computerworld UK, TechWorld
Planning to Attend?
Early Bird registration discounts for Percona Live Europe 2015 are available through July 26, 2015 at 11:30 p.m. CEST.