Percona Server 5.6.17-66.0 is now available
Percona is glad to announce the release of Percona Server 5.6.17-66.0 on June 11, 2014. Downloads are available here and from the Percona Software Repositories.
Based on MySQL 5.6.17, including all the bug fixes in it, Percona Server 5.6.17-66.0 is the current GA release in the Percona Server 5.6 series. All of Percona’s software is open-source and free, all the details of the release can be found in the 5.6.17-66.0 milestone at Launchpad.
- MySQL benchmarks (
sql-bench directory in the MySQL distribution) has been made compatible with the TokuDB storage engine.
- Percona Server has ported MariaDB code enhancement for start transaction with consistent snapshot. This enhancement makes binary log positions consistent with InnoDB transaction snapshots.
- TokuDB Storage engine is now available as a separate package that can be installed along with the Percona Server 5.6.17-66.0. This feature is currently considered Release Candidate quality.
- Percona Server has implemented ability to clone a snapshot created by
START TRANSACTION WITH CONSISTENT SNAPSHOT in another session.
- Percona Server 5.6 now includes HandlerSocket in addition to Percona Server 5.5.
- Fix for #1225189 introduced a regression in Percona Server 5.6.13-61.0 which could lead to an error when running
mysql_install_db. Bug fixed #1314596.
- InnoDB could crash if workload contained writes to compressed tables. Bug fixed #1305364.
- GUI clients such as MySQL Workbench could not authenticate with a user defined with
auth_pam_compat plugin. Bug fixed #1166938.
- Help in Percona Server 5.6 command line client was linking to Percona Server 5.1 manual. Bug fixed #1198775.
- InnoDB redo log resizing could crash when XtraDB changed page tracking was enabled. Bug fixed #1204072.
- Audit Log wasn’t parsing escape characters correctly in the
OLD format. Bug fixed #1313696.
- Percona Server version was reported incorrectly in Debian/Ubuntu packages. Bug fixed #1319670.
Other bugs fixed: #1318537 (upstream #72615), #1318874, #1285618, #1272732, #1314568, #1271178, and #1323014.
Release notes for Percona Server 5.6.17-66.0 are available in our online documentation. Bugs can be reported on the launchpad bug tracker.
HandlerSocket, Percona Server, SQL-bench, TokuDB
Categories:Events and Announcements
, Percona Server
, Percona Software