Percona Server 5.5.37-35.0 is now available
Percona Server version 5.5.37-35.0
Percona is glad to announce the release of Percona Server 5.5.37-35.0 on May 6th, 2014 (Downloads are available here and from the Percona Software Repositories). Based on MySQL 5.5.37, including all the bug fixes in it, Percona Server 5.5.37-35.0 is now the current stable release in the 5.5 series. All of Percona‘s software is open-source and free, all the details of the release can be found in the 5.5.37-35.0 milestone at Launchpad.
- Percona Server couldn’t be built with Bison 3.0. Bug fixed #1262439, upstream #71250.
- Backported the upstream fix for overflow which would caused replication SQL thread to fail to execute events. Bug fixed #1070255 (upstream #67352).
- Percona Server debug packages were not built for the previous releases. Bug fixed #1298352.
- Queries that no longer exceed
long_query_time were written to the slow query log if they matched the previous
long_query_time value when slow_query_log_use_global_control variable was set to
all. Bug fixed #1016991.
- When writing audit plugins it was not possible to get notifications for general-log events without enabling the general-log. Bug fixed #1182535 (upstream #60782).
mysqld_safe did not correctly parse flush_caches and numa_interleave options. Bug fixed #1231110.
- Thread Pool would handle a new client connection without notifying Audit Plugin. Bug fixed #1282008.
- Fixed a performance issue in extending tablespaces if running under fusionIO with atomic writes enabled. Bug fixed #1286114 (Jan Lindström).
- Previous implementation of the log_slow_rate_type set to query with log_slow_rate_limit feature would log every nth query deterministically instead of each query having a 1/n probability to get logged. Fixed by randomly selecting the queries to be logged instead of logging every nth query. Bug fixed #1287650.
- Percona Server source files were referencing Maatkit instead of Percona Toolkit. Bug fixed #1174779.
- Maximum allowed value for log_slow_rate_limit was
ULONG_MAX (ie. either
18446744073709551615, depending on the platform). As it was unreasonable to configure the slow log for every four billionth session/query, new maximum allowed value is set to
1000. Bug fixed #1290714.
Other bugs fixed: #1272732.
Release notes for Percona Server 5.5.37-35.0 are available in our online documentation. Bugs can be reported on the launchpad bug tracker.
Categories: Events and Announcements