Percona XtraBackup 2.0.7 for MySQL available for downloadHrvoje Matijakovic
Percona is glad to announce the release of Percona XtraBackup 2.0.7 for MySQL on May 6, 2013. Downloads are available from our download site here and Percona Software Repositories. Percona XtraBackup is the world’s only open-source, free MySQL hot backup software that performs non-blocking backups for InnoDB and XtraDB databases.
This release is the current GA (Generally Available) stable release in the 2.0 series.
- This version of Percona XtraBackup has implemented full support for new MySQL 5.6 features (GTID, remote/transportable tablespaces, separate undo tablespace, 5.6-style buffer pool dump files).
- Percona XtraBackup has implemented support for the InnoDB Buffer Pool Preloading introduced in MySQL 5.6. Starting with MySQL 5.6 buffer pool dumps can be produced and loaded for faster server warmup after the start. This feature is similar to the Dump/Restore of the Buffer Pool in Percona Server. MySQL 5.6 buffer pool dump is copied into backup directory during the backup stage. During the copy back stage (restore) it is copied back to data directory. After the backup is restored buffer pool dump can be loaded by the server either automatically on startup or on demand.
- Time interval between checks done by log copying thread is now configurable by innobackupex –log-copy-interval. Making the interval configurable allows to reduce the time between checks which can prevent XtraBackup failures that are caused by the log records in the transactional log being overwritten before they are copied by the log copying thread.
- Percona XtraBackup now stores the
GTIDvalue in the
xtrabackup_binlog_infowhen doing the backup of MySQL and Percona Server 5.6 with the
GTIDmode enabled. Example of how this information can be used to create/restore a slave can be found in this blogpost.
- Percona XtraBackup option xtrabackup –export now supports transportable tablespaces introduced in MySQL 5.6. This option can be used to produce 5.6-style metadata files, that can be imported by
ALTER TABLE IMPORT TABLESPACEon MySQL and Percona Server 5.6 as described in Exporting and Importing Tables guide.
xtrabackup_56binary was present in
debpackages, but it was missing from the source
.tar.gzpackage. Fixed by adding the missing binary to
.tar.gzas well. Bug fixed #1158948.
- innobackupex could crash when taking the 5.6 backup due to linking the wrong SSL library. Bug fixed #1168540.
- Percona XtraBackup would crash when preparing the 5.6 backup with partitioned tables. Bug fixed #1169169.
- Tables that were dropped between taking a full backup and an incremental one were present in the full backup directory, and were not removed when incremental backups has been merged. Fixed by removing files corresponding to tables that are missing in the incremental backup directory. Bug fixed #856400.
- Percona XtraBackup would leave stale
xtrabackup_tmp*files in the datadir after applying incremental backups. Bug fixed #1079135.
- Fixed couple of warnings found in innobackupex when all warnings have been made
FATAL. Bug fixed #1116177.
- If there are thousands of tables and slow IO then XtraBackup can spend a lot of time opening all the tablespaces. Optimization has been implemented and XtraBackup now avoids loading non-relevant tablespaces when partial backup is being taken which speeds up the backup process. Bug fixed #1130145.
- Percona XtraBackup didn’t initialize per-thread data in the log copying thread which could cause XtraBackup to crash. Bug fixed #1166888.
- Package dependency has been changed from abstract
rpmpackages from Oracle no longer satisfied mysql dependency which is required by the XtraBackup
rpms. Bug fixed #1095972.
- Percona XtraBackup would fail when preparing the MySQL 5.6 backup if the log files were bigger than 4G on the source server. Bug fixed #1164979.
- Due to different implementation in MySQL 5.6 error messages were not printed to
stderrdirectly. Because of that all InnoDB error or diagnostic messages are never printed by
xtrabackup_56. Bug fixed #1169971.
- innobackupex would still run with
FLUSH TABLES WITH READ LOCKeven if xtrabackup would fail when copying logs. Fixed by terminating xtrabackup process immediately on log copying failure. Bug fixed #1170806.
- innobackupex would fail if the
SQL_MODEwas set to
ANSI_QUOTES. Bug fixed #945161.
- Missing space_id from
*.ibd.metawould lead to assertion. Fixed by replacing the assertion with the error message. Bug fixed #1112224.
- Fixed the typo in the innobackupex error output. Bug fixed #1157225.
- When building from source
innodb56target didn’t have an option to disable DTrace like
innodb55has. Fixed by adding
-DENABLE_DTRACE=OFFbuild option for
innodb56as well. Bug fixed #1169509.
- innobackupex wasn’t handling the innodb_data_file_path option which could cause backup to fail. Bug fixed #1169726.
- For the Debian and the Linux binaries, the
--versionmessage which should include the revision was showing “undefined”. Bug fixed #1171721.
- Redundant code has been removed from
xtrabackup.cc. Bug fixed #1162765.