MySQL 5.6 offers many long-awaited features. Among the biggest advances in functionality are the enhancements in query planning and optimization. How do we take advantage of this new functionality?
In this webinar, we will examine the difference between MySQL 5.6 and MySQL 5.5 query performance in detail by:
• Comparing the low level row operations, EXPLAIN output, and execution time of the same queries
• Checking what changes are transparent to applications and which require some statement rewriting
• Determining if subselects must still be transformed into JOINS for better performance
• Discussing ICP and MRR, and how they can help us to get better query times
• Determining if a merge_index strategy can now be used efficiently
At the end of the webinar, you will be able to measure the practical impact of different querying strategies by comparing MySQL 5.6 and MySQL 5.5 results and understanding how some of the new profiling tools included in MySQL 5.6 make the query optimization process easier.
For general inquiries, please send us your question and someone will contact you.