A lot of people are interested in XtraDB Cluster as a replacement for conventional MySQL master/slave architectures to eliminate replication lag and finally achieve a highly-available masterless cluster of MySQL servers. But what would migration look like?
This talk will go over a high-level overview of XtraDB cluster, as well as operational concerns, possible migration paths, key configuration tuning variables, and generally everything you'll need to migrate from an existing Master/Slave environment into XtraDB cluster. This talk will primarily be an operational discussion, it will not cover in-depth details on how the cluster works.
This talk will cover such questions as:
- What are the requirements for running XtraDB Cluster?
- Will I have to reload all my tables?
- How does configuration for the cluster differ from configuring a stand-alone Innodb server?
- How should my application interact with the Cluster?
- Can I use XtraDB cluster if I only have two MySQL servers currently?
- How can I move to the Cluster and keep downtime to a minimum?
- How can I migrate to XtraDB cluster gradually?
Slides: Download Here