Representatives from Percona, Oracle, MariaDB Foundation and More to Speak at Information-Packed Event Sponsored by Continuent, Virident, Codership, Fusion-io, Ivinco, and Devart
PLEASANTON, California – Oct. 1, 2013 – Percona, the company that makes MySQL faster and more reliable, today announced details of Percona Live London, the third annual MySQL conference in London, taking place at the Millennium Gloucester Conference Center, November 11-12, 2013. The information-packed event will feature four keynote speeches by industry luminaries and an array of tutorials on the topics that are the most relevant to MySQL developers.
Headlining the conference will be four major keynote speeches:
- Tomas Ulin, Vice President for MySQL Engineering at Oracle, will discuss the focus, strategy, investments and innovations that are preparing MySQL to power next-generation web, mobile, cloud and embedded applications. He will also discuss the latest and the most significant MySQL database release, MySQL 5.6, as well as what is ahead in MySQL 5.7.
- Monty Widenius, CTO of the MariaDB Foundation, will provide a walkthrough of the new features in MariaDB 5.5 and share details on why the Foundation chose to create MariaDB 10.0 instead of simply taking MySQL 5.6 as a base for creating what would have been called MariaDB 5.6.
- Robert Hodges, CEO of Continuent, will make it clear that “What You Don't Know Can Hurt You” as he explores the real risks of managing data in the cloud and explains how cloud data managers using MySQL can build more robust systems.
- Peter Zaitsev, CEO & co-founder of Percona, will discuss the continuing evolution of the MySQL ecosystem in an era of increasing demands for performance and rising reliance on the cloud. He will also address the growing phenomenon of organizations using MySQL with NoSQL solutions such as Hadoop, MongoDB, and Redis to address Big Data challenges.
In addition to Mr. Ulin’s keynote, representatives from Oracle will also discuss the performance and features in MySQL 5.6:
- Dimitri Kravtchuk, MySQL performance architect at Oracle, will provide an overview of the most common performance tuning strategies, tuning errors, and best practices, as well as an in depth look at the latest improvements made in MySQL performance, including MySQL 5.7 benchmark results.
- Luis Soares, senior software engineer at Oracle, will examine the enhancements made to replication in MySQL 5.6, including increased master performance with binary log group commit, higher slave throughput with multi-threaded slave applier, optimized row-based replication, automatic fail-over with global transaction IDs, transparent crash-recovery of slaves with replication system tables, and seamless data validation with replication event checksums.
Other featured presentations will dive into the major variants of MySQL—MySQL, Percona Server, and MariaDB—as well as MySQL-related technologies, techniques and strategies, including:
- Art van Scheppingen, head of database engineering, Spil Games
Topic: MySQL performance monitoring using Statsd and Graphite
- Barry Abrahamson, systems wrangler, Automattic / WordPress
Topic: Scaling to 500,000,000 Database Tables and Beyond - The WordPress.com Story
- John Goulah, dev infrastructure tools lead engineer, Etsy
Topic: The Shard revisited: tools and techniques used at Etsy
- Luis Motta Campos, database administrator, ebay Classifieds Group
Topic: MySQL, the ebay Classifieds Way
- Ratheesh Kaniyala, MySQL database engineer, Bodybuilding.com
Topic: Percona at bodybuilding.com
- Shlomi Noach, engineer, Outbrain
Topic: common_schema: DBA's framework for MySQL
- Seppo Jaakola, CEO, Codership
Topic: Galera Cluster 3.0 New Features
- The full tutorial, keynote and breakout session schedule is available on the Percona Live London 2013 MySQL conference website
Community Networking Reception
One of the most highly anticipated events at Percona Live London is the Community Networking Reception that follows the conference on Tuesday, November 12. Featuring delectable food and tantalizing drinks, the reception offers an excellent opportunity for attendees to mingle, make new friends and business connections, and develop future plans.
Sponsorship opportunities for Percona Live London are still available. Sponsors become a part of a dynamic and growing ecosystem and interact with DBAs, sysadmins, developers, CTOs, CEOs, business managers, technology evangelists, solutions vendors, and entrepreneurs who attend the event from across Europe and beyond, including the UK, Finland, The Netherlands, France, Germany, Italy, Sweden, Austria, Russia, Malta, and Lithuania!
Current sponsors of the event include:
Planning to Attend?
Don’t miss this opportunity to take part in a dynamic MySQL conference. Advanced Rate tickets are available only until Oct. 13, 2013, so register today.
Interested community members can also register to receive email updates about the Percona Live MySQL Conference and Expo 2013.
|What:||Percona Live London 2013|
|Where:||Millennium Gloucester Conference Center
4-18 Harrington Gardens, London, SW7 4LH
|When:||November 11-12, 2013|
(888) 401-3401 Ext. 555
Percona has made MySQL faster and more reliable for over 2,000 consulting and support customers worldwide since 2006. Percona provides enterprise-grade MySQL support, Consulting, Training, Remote DBA, and Server Development services to companies such as Cisco Systems, Alcatel-Lucent, Groupon, and the BBC. Percona's founders authored the definitive book High Performance MySQL from O'Reilly Press and the widely read MySQL Performance Blog. Percona also develops software for MySQL users, including Percona Server, Percona XtraBackup, Percona XtraDB Cluster, and Percona Toolkit. The popular Percona Live conferences draw attendees and acclaimed speakers from around the world. For more information, visit www.percona.com.
# # #
Percona® and XtraBackup® are registered trademarks of Percona LLC All other registered and unregistered trademarks in this document are the sole property of their respective owners.