Percona XtraDB Cluster in a nutshell
This tutorial will cover the following topics:
- Migration from standard MySQL Master-Slave Architecture to PXC
- The process of using PXC to establish a real HA solution. Connectors will be the main focus but some load-balancers will be included.
- SST, IST... What they are and the differences between the two. Ultimately, how to use them.
- How to backup the cluster
- How to monitor the cluster
- 2 nodes servers- Why this isn't ideal but reasons and steps to setting it up anyway.
- Galera Arbitrator: Defining what it is.
- How to maintain the cluster
- How to handle the cluster in the cloud
Attendees will be guided during the session and will perform all changes and tests in a VirtualBox environment.
Attendees should bring a powerfull laptop able to handle at least 3 linux VM.