MySQL Replication outside the box : multiple masters, fan-in, parallel apply
October 25th, 2:30 PM
MySQL replication is the backbone of the web economy. Yet, the native MySQL replication has limits, mainly, lack of support for multiple masters, replication from many sources to the same slave, transaction IDs, parallel apply.
Using a third party open source tool, you can achieve all the above.
This tutorial introduces Tungsten Replicator 2.0, and guides the audience through its installation and administration.
Attendees will learn the following:
- Basic principles of Tungsten Replicator
- How to install Tungsten Replicator in various topologies (master/slave, direct connection to a native MySQL server, bi-directional, multiple masters, fan-in replication)
- How to enable and administer parallel replication apply
- How to administer Tungsten clusters, with role switching, fail over, slave provisioning, backup integration.
- How to install Tungsten sandboxes for testing and analysis.
All the topics will be integrated with practical demos.
QA Director, Continuent
Giuseppe is the QA Director at Continuent. He is active member of the MySQL community and long timer open source enthusiast. During the past 25 years he has worked in various IT related fields, with focus on databases, object oriented programming, system administration. Fluent in Italian, English, Perl, Python, SQL, Lua, C, Bash, and good speaker of C , French, Spanish, Java. Giuseppe works in cyberspace, with a virtual team.