This session will be interesting for everyone looking for the latest news about MySQL 8.0 Performance:
- MySQL 8.0 is GA now !
- but what about MySQL 8.0 Performance? ;-)
- the latest benchmark results obtained with MySQL 8.0 will be in the center of the talk
- because every benchmark workload for MySQL is a "problem to resolve"
- and each resolved problem is a potential gain in your production!
- many important internal design changes are coming with MySQL 8.0
- how to bring them in action most efficiently?
- what kind of trade-offs to expect, what is already good, and what is "not yet"?
- how well MySQL 8.0 is able to use the latest HW?
- could you really speed-up your IO by deploying your data on the latest flash storage?
- these and many other questions are answered during this talk + proven by benchmark results.
NOTE: since MySQL 8.0 we're following a "continuous release" model, so with every update there is some new improvement coming, the performance included ;-))
Over 20 years in IT industry, mainly in Databases and Systems Performance. Since 2011 working full time on MySQL Performance at Oracle. Previous 15 years at Sun Benchmark Center in Paris. Previously at Informix Benchmark Team in France. Author of dim_STAT Performance Monitoring & Analyzing tool, actively publishing MySQL Performance related articles at http://dimitrik.free.fr/blog.