* Section1: Terminology. Quick intro to shard/replicaset/instance/host and the scale of FB
* Section2: Lifecycle of an instance
* Section3: Tools that are used for moving instance between states: MPS Copy, rebuild_db etc
* Section4: Shard movements(OLM) and touch base on balancing
* Section5: Test Infrastructure: Shadow and Merlindb
Junyi Lu is currently working at Facebook as a production engineer for the MySQL infrastructure. Responsible for developing automations which will manage tons of MySQL instances. Prior to this, he worked as a MySQL DBA at dianping.com, which is one of the biggest online-to-offline platforms in China.
Pradeep is a Production Engineer at Facebook and works with MySQL Infrastructure. He loves hacking code in python and builds bots to do things for him. While he is not working, he enjoys traveling and clicking pictures.