Join Percona Chief Evangelist Colin Charles as he covers happenings, gives pointers and provides musings on the open source database community.
Percona Live Santa Clara 2018 update: tutorials have been picked, and the schedule/press release should be announced by next week. We’ve (the committee) rated over 300+ talks, and easily 70% of the schedule should go live next week as well.
There’s a lot happening for FOSDEM this week — so expect a longer report of some sort next week.
Are you on Twitter? Hope you’re following the @planetmysql account.
- Percona XtraDB Cluster 5.7.20-29.24 – new features, bug fixes, and a base of Percona Server 5.7.20-18.
- orchestrator 3.0.6 – faster failure detection, faster master recoveries, semi-sync support, and more. This is getting to be a real interesting release.
- MariaDB Server 10.0.34 – new XtraDB, InnoDB, TokuDB, and even PERFORMANCE_SCHEMA. Security and InnoDB fixes as well.
- Percona Server for MySQL 5.5.59-38.11 – bug fixes
- Considering the Community Effects of Introducing an Official MongoDB Go Driver – What do you do when an open-source project you rely on no longer meets your needs? When your choice affects not just you, but a larger community, what principles guide your decision?
- Postgres Indexes Under the Hood
- It’s About Time For Time Series Databases
- Database Design Decisions for Multi-Version Concurrency Control
- How to convert galera node to async slave and vice-versa with MariaDB Galera Cluster.
- DO or UNDO – there is no VACUUM – really important article from a PostgreSQL standpoint. Recommended read.
- Optimising graph lookups in MongoDB
- CentOS Dojo Brussels – Brussels, Belgium – February 2 2018
- FOSDEM 2018 – Brussels, Belgium – February 3-4 2018
- SCALE16x – Pasadena, California, USA – March 8-11 2018
I look forward to feedback/tips via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or on Twitter @bytebot.