This Week in Data with Colin Charles 26: Percona Live Schedule is Near Completion, FOSDEM Underway and a Percona Toolkit Use CaseColin Charles
Join Percona Chief Evangelist Colin Charles as he covers happenings, gives pointers and provides musings on the open source database community.
Percona Live Santa Clara 2018 update: tutorials have been picked, and the schedule/press release should be announced by next week. We’ve (the committee) rated over 300+ talks, and easily 70% of the schedule should go live next week as well.
There’s a lot happening for FOSDEM this week — so expect a longer report of some sort next week.
Are you on Twitter? Hope you’re following the @planetmysql account.
- Percona XtraDB Cluster 5.7.20-29.24 – new features, bug fixes, and a base of Percona Server 5.7.20-18.
- orchestrator 3.0.6 – faster failure detection, faster master recoveries, semi-sync support, and more. This is getting to be a real interesting release.
- MariaDB Server 10.0.34 – new XtraDB, InnoDB, TokuDB, and even PERFORMANCE_SCHEMA. Security and InnoDB fixes as well.
- Percona Server for MySQL 5.5.59-38.11 – bug fixes
- Considering the Community Effects of Introducing an Official MongoDB Go Driver – What do you do when an open-source project you rely on no longer meets your needs? When your choice affects not just you, but a larger community, what principles guide your decision?
- Postgres Indexes Under the Hood
- It’s About Time For Time Series Databases
- Database Design Decisions for Multi-Version Concurrency Control
- How to convert galera node to async slave and vice-versa with MariaDB Galera Cluster.
- DO or UNDO – there is no VACUUM – really important article from a PostgreSQL standpoint. Recommended read.
- Optimising graph lookups in MongoDB
- CentOS Dojo Brussels – Brussels, Belgium – February 2 2018
- FOSDEM 2018 – Brussels, Belgium – February 3-4 2018
- SCALE16x – Pasadena, California, USA – March 8-11 2018
I look forward to feedback/tips via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or on Twitter @bytebot.