MariaDB at Percona Live Open Source Database Conference 2017Dave Avery
UPDATE: Sveta Smirnova will be speaking at M17! Her talk is titled Lessons Learned: Troubleshooting Replication. It covers the similarities and differences between MySQL and MariaDB replication, and how to make the correct configuration choices to avoid problems.
In this blog, we’ll look at how we plan to represent MariaDB at Percona Live.
The MariaDB Corporation is organizing a conference called M17 on the East Coast in April. Some Perconians (Peter Zaitsev, Vadim Tkachenko, Sveta Smirnova, Alex Rubin, Colin Charles) decided to submit some interesting talks for that conference. Percona also offered to sponsor the conference.
As of this post, the talks haven’t been accepted, and we were politely told that we couldn’t sponsor. (See the UPDATE above.)
Some of the proposed talks were:
- MariaDB Backup with Percona XtraBackup (Vadim Tkachenko)
- Managing MariaDB Server operations with Percona Toolkit (Colin Charles)
- MariaDB Server Monitoring with Percona Monitoring and Management (Peter Zaitsev)
- Securing your MariaDB Server/MySQL data (Colin Charles, Ronald Bradford)
- Data Analytics with MySQL, Apache Spark and Apache Drill (Alexander Rubin)
- Performance Schema for MySQL and MariaDB Troubleshooting (Sveta Smirnova)
At Percona, we think MariaDB Server is an important part of the MySQL ecosystem. This is why the Percona Live Open Source Database Conference 2017 in Santa Clara has a MariaDB mini-track, consisting of talks from various Percona and MariaDB experts:
- Securing your MySQL/MariaDB data (Colin Charles, Ronald Bradford)
- MariaRocks: MyRocks in MariaDB (Sergei Petrunia)
- MySQL/MariaDB Parallel Replication: inventory, use cases and limitations (Jean-François Gagné)
- Histograms in MySQL and MariaDB (Sergei Petrunia)
- Common Table Expressions and Window Functions simple, maintainable, fast queries (Vicentiu-Marian Ciorbaru)
- MariaDB Server 10.2: The Complete Guide (Colin Charles)
- …and more.
If any of these topics look enticing, come to the conference. We have MariaDB at Percona Live.
To make your decision easier, we’ve created a special promo code that gets you $75 off a full conference pass! Just use MariaDB@PL17 at checkout.
In the meantime, we will continue to write and discuss MariaDB, and any other open source database technologies. The power of the open source community is the free exchange of ideas, healthy competition and open dialog within the community.
Here are some more past presentations that are also relevant: