Percona Live Keynote Speakers and Topics!Kortney Runyan
The countdown for the annual Percona Live Data Performance Conference and Expo in Europe continues with today’s announcement of our keynote speakers!
This three-day conference focuses on the latest trends, news and best practices in the MySQL, NoSQL and data in the cloud markets, while looking forward to what’s on the long-term horizon within the global data performance industry. Attendees will get briefed on the hottest topics, learn about building and maintaining high-performing deployments and hear from technical experts. Whether you are new to data performance or a senior DBA with years of experience, there are tracks for you. With 84 breakout sessions, 8 tutorial sessions and 6 keynotes there will be no lack of great content presented by top industry professionals. You’ll return home equipped with new tools and ideas to make your business run better.
The Percona Live Europe 2015 keynote speakers and topics include:
- MC Brown, VMware Continuent, “Tungsten Replicator, More Open Than Ever!”: This talk will explain why a heterogeneous data replication solution is necessary to effectively move data between both databases and datacenters.
- Kristian Köhntopp, Syseleven GmbH, “The Virtues of Boring Technology”:
This talk will rely on experiences at Booking.com to highlight why “boring” technology makes sense for organizations that are busy managing growth.
- Geir Hoydalsvik, Oracle, “MySQL 5.7: 20 years in the making!”: MySQL 5.7 is on its way to GA. This talk covers major developments including JSON, Optimizer Hints, Query Rewrite, Optimizer Cost Model, GIS, InnoDB, Group Replication, Fabric, Performance Schema, Sys Schema, Workbench and much more!
- Mark Callaghan, Facebook, “MySQL and MongoDB for web-scale data management”:
This talk will ignore debates over legacy vs. new, NoSQL/NewSQL vs. SQL or relational vs. document data models. I want a solution for sharded replica sets that is efficient, performant and manageable. I have a wish list for features. How close will MySQL and MongoDB get to making this easier in the next few years?
- Peter Zaitsev, Percona, “Percona: Your Partner in Optimizing Data Performance”: This talk will focus on the growth of open source products in the enterprise and the importance of using the right open source tools and technology for each job rather than being locked into a proprietary solution. Learn how Percona is a true open source partner that helps you optimize your data performance to better run your business.
- Keynote Panel featuring Jim Doherty, Percona (Moderator); Kenny Gorman, Rackspace; Mark Callaghan, Facebook; Ian Meyers, Amazon Web Services; and Peter Zaitsev, Percona, “The Next Disruptive Technology: What Comes After the Cloud and Big Data?”: With the Cloud and Big Data transitioning from “next big things” to broadly deployed operational technologies we think it’s a good time to look a few years out and speculate about what may prove to be the next big technology disruption. So what’s next?
Fun Featured Events!
- Monday, September 21, SportPesa, Africa’s #1 sports betting platform, is hosting the Opening Party at the Delirium Café, following the day’s tutorial sessions, to kick off the conference and features giveaways, games, top prizes and beer!
- Tuesday, September 22, Percona Live Diamond Sponsor booking.com will host the Community Dinner at the company’s headquarters in historic Rembrandt Square. After the day’s breakout sessions, attendees will be picked up outside the venue and taken to the dinner by canal boats! Space is limited so attendees should sign up as soon as possible.
- Wednesday, September 23, the closing reception will be held in the Mövenpick Hotel exhibit hall.
See you in Amsterdam!