FOSDEM is coming to town again here in Brussels this February 1-2, and as usual, there is a MySQL Devroom. Traditionally, a MySQL and Friends community dinner is also held during the event and this year is no different – we’ve organized one for Saturday, February 1 from 8:30 p.m. to 11:30 p.m. (CET).
If you want to sign up for the dinner, go to http://fosdemmysqlcommunitydinner2014.eventbrite.com/
This year’s edition is going to be slightly different…
The whole place is ours – there will be high tables and normal tables, and plenty of time and space to socialize and meet people, even the ones that are sitting 3 chairs away from you!
There’s also no need to wait for your food anymore. There will be a 3-course buffet and drinks are included! We’ve ensured that vegetarians also have a choice. Gone is all the hassle of deciphering bills and calculating how much money you’ve spent.
We’ve requested a typically Belgian menu to be put together for the occasion. Here is what you can expect:
– Brussels Sprouts Salad with Mustard
– Chicory and apple salad
– Beef stew with Grimbergen beer
– “Waterzooi” with fish, Flemish style
– Vegetarian option (to be announced)
– Fries, salad and bread included
– Cheesecake with “speculoos”
– Chocolate fondant
Available drinks (included):
– Choice of Belgian Beers
– Red Wine / White Wine
– Sparkling Water / Still Water
An event like this would not be possible without a very generous list of sponsors who helped us greatly in bringing the price down for each attendee and allowing us to organize it at the listed ticket price – including our own Percona, along with Oracle and MariaDB.
On that subject, we would like to point out that we will not be able to get an exact fix on the price until we have a full list of attendees, so with that in mind, the price we’ve set is based on the assumption of a certain amount of people attending. If the amount of people ends lower than our target, any remaining funds will be donated to the Fosdem organization.
The reason we charge money up front is two-fold:
1) We need to be able to give the caterer a rough estimate of the amount of attendees ahead of time. Free signups tend to make that number a bit less reliable. We want to make sure there is enough food to go around for everyone attending!
2) Stress-free financials on the night of the dinner! We all know the effects of Belgian Beer on arithmetic skills. Flash your ticket, get your food.
We’re looking forward to meeting you all again at Fosdem and the Community Dinner. See you then!
Generously sponsored by:
Wondering how to get there from Fosdem?
The venue itself is located very close to the Royal Palace. You can find the route to get there right here.
The total distance from the ULB campus is about 3.3km, so you could walk there, but it might be more comfortable to take the bus.
– Bus 71 departs from the “ULB” or the “Jeanne” stops regularly, and will take you up to “Matonge”, where you need to get out, and walk the remaining 350m.
Percona’s widely read Percona Data Performance blog highlights our expertise in enterprise-class software, support, consulting and managed services solutions for both MySQL® and MongoDB® across traditional and cloud-based platforms. The decades of experience represented by our consultants is found daily in numerous and relevant blog posts.
Besides specific database help, the blog also provides notices on upcoming events and webinars.
Want to get weekly updates listing the latest blog posts? Subscribe to our blog now! Submit your email address below and we’ll send you an update every Friday at 1pm ET.