True, Online, Non-Blocking, Real-Time Backups Are Ideal for Mission-Critical Applications
DURHAM, North Carolina – Feb. 23, 2016 – Percona, the company that delivers enterprise-class MySQL® and MongoDB® solutions and services, today announced Percona XtraBackup 2.4, the latest release of the company’s open source hot backup solution that works with any variant of MySQL, including Percona Server, MySQL and MariaDB®. Version 2.4 of the free, completely open source solution offers greater speed and reliability, uninterrupted transaction processing during backups and more. This makes Percona XtraBackup ideal for large, mission-critical applications that cannot tolerate downtime.
Offered free as an open source solution, Percona XtraBackup drives down backup costs while providing unique features for MySQL backup. Percona XtraBackup offers:
- Greater speed – Percona XtraBackup takes physical data copies that outperform logical copies.
- Uninterrupted transaction processing during backups – Percona XtraBackup ensures users can continue to query the database during backups.
- True, online non-blocking, real-time backups – When used with Percona Server for MySQL, true online, non-blocking, real-time backups provide tightly compressed, highly secure real-time backups on transactional systems, enabling applications to remain fully available during planned maintenance windows.
- Flexibility – Percona XtraBackup works with any version of MySQL from any vendor.
- Non-intrusive Copy for Percona XtraDB Cluster – Percona XtraBackup works with Percona XtraDB Cluster, enabling a robust backup strategy for large-scale clustered environments.
- Value – Percona XtraBackup is 100 percent open source and can be downloaded for free.
- Encryption - Percona XtraBackup stores backups in an encrypted form, enabling granular data access controls that provide an extra layer of protection for public and shared cloud storage instances.
Percona XtraBackup 2.4 is available now and can be downloaded from the Percona website.
Vadim Tkachenko, Co-founder and CTO of Percona
“As more and more companies rely on larger MySQL deployments for mission-critical applications, maintaining 100 percent uptime becomes an imperative, not just a goal. With its performance and reliability enhancements, XtraBackup 2.4 is now the ideal solution for more of these environments, providing organizations the ability to maintain a robust backup strategy without the frustration – and even revenue loss – associated with maintenance downtime.”
With more than 3,000 customers worldwide, Percona is the only company that delivers enterprise-class solutions for both MySQL® and MongoDB® across traditional and cloud-based platforms. The company provides Software, Support, Consulting, and Managed Services to some of the largest and most well-known brands on the Internet such as Cisco Systems, Time Warner Cable, Alcatel-Lucent, Groupon, and the BBC, as well as to many smaller companies looking to maximize application performance while streamlining database efficiencies. Well established as thought leaders, Percona experts author content for the Percona Performance Blog. The popular Percona Live conferences draw attendees and acclaimed speakers from around the world. For more information, visit www.percona.com.
Percona®, XtraBackup®, TokuDB® and Fractal Tree® are registered trademarks of Percona LLC or its subsidiaries. All other registered and unregistered trademarks in this document are the sole property of their respective owners.