Technical Advisor - Open Source Solutions
Are you an open source DBA who would like to trade in your pager and utilize your database expertise in a new way? Are you interested in looking at database problems from a more strategic level and moving away from the day to day operational challenges? Do you want to work across multiple teams with a variety of technologies and scenarios? If so, then the Technical Advisor is the position for you!
As a Technical Advisor, you'll serve as a customer advocate and technical resource for a dedicated group of Percona customers. You'll have the opportunity to collaborate with some of the brightest minds in the industry across our service delivery teams to ensure that your customers are getting the most out of their relationship with Percona.
As a dedicated point of contact for your customers, you'll partner with them to stay up-to-date on their technical requirements and plans. You'll also serve as a bridge to Percona resources, coordinating Consulting projects, communicating updates, handling support issues, and driving awareness for any customer escalations/issues. Within Percona, you'll work with Customer Success to advocate for your customers and maintain a strong understanding of their technical needs and business structure.
You'll be expected to wear "many hats" but you'll find that this role is challenging, rewarding, and engaging.
This is a remote position that will support the EMEA time zone.
What You Will Do
- Develop and maintain customer relationships with primary customer contacts
- Coordinate overall status on support tickets to ensure updates are communicated back to the customer on a regular cadence
- Coordinate with the Consulting Operations team on new projects for top customers, ensure correct resources are assigned and timelines are adhered to
- Provide escalation point for customer for support and consulting projects
- Identify sales opportunities and provide feedback to the Sales team
- Provide technical resources for high level design for future growth opportunities
- Guarantee the technical aspects of the customer implementation by providing necessary documentation and technical guidance
- Ensure customer specific technical documentation is created and maintained for use by the Percona Technical Delivery teams
- Improve product feature offerings by providing feedback from partners and customers to internal teams
- 3 or more years experience with MySQL or MongoDB and related technologies
- Demonstrated ability to work well with people and communicate effectively both internally and with customers
- Ability to take ownership of a support incident, and own through to resolution
- Ability to understand how applications and services interact with the database in different architectures
- Exposure to DBaaS products and ability to articulate the service offerings - specifically within AWS, Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with Management at Customers/Partners in an escalation ownership and management capacity
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- Ability to pass required background check
- Ability to work across multiple time zones
- Availability for out of hours escalations for high severity issues
- Ability to work well with people and communicate effectively both internally and with customers
- Positive, helpful and supportive with a humble attitude
- A logical thinker with the ability to identify and resolve complex problems in a timely manner
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team as needed
- Communicates clearly and professionally to convey confidence even when under pressure
Remote work from home openings require consistent and strong internet access.
HQ is in Durham, NC USA. Staff members should be available if there is a need for any onsite trainings and/or events at any time.
Note that your legal agreement will be with Percona Staffing LLC, a USA corporation and a subsidiary of Percona LLC.