Product Owner - Cloud and Kubernetes
Percona is a respected thought leader in the open source community. We provide services and software for MySQL, MongoDB, PostgreSQL and Maria DB to open source users globally.
Percona is remote-first and globally dispersed; we have 250 people in almost 40 countries. We offer a collaborative, highly-engaged culture where your ideas are welcome and your voice is heard. The growth and development of our staff is a top priority; we provide funding for training, certifications, conferences and more.
Discover what it means to work with some of the smartest people in the industry, who also know how to have fun and are always willing to lend a helping hand. We offer flexible hours, the ability to work remotely and the amazing experience of working with a multinational team of experts.
The Product Owner for Cloud and Kubernetes is responsible for the inbound/technical product management efforts involving one or more of Percona’s products. Working closely with engineering teams, the goal is to further product adoption and growth. The Product Owner is responsible for working with Outbound Product Managers and translating the product vision into user stories and use-cases that engineering can feasibly implement.
- Percona Operator for Percona XtraDB Cluster
- Percona Operator for Percona Server for MongoDB
- Possible future database operators: PostgreSQL and MySQL Group Replication
What You Will Do
- Create/maintain epics/stories and/or requirement documents (depending on the needs of the team)
- Own product release planning/delivery
- Identify technical trends in Kubernetes, Operators, and database technologies
- Own relationship with existing customers and partners: care primarily for existing customers, work with development partners on feature requirements, drive ad-hoc features for specific customer cases (“NREs” for example) and responsibility for product capabilities and functionality
- Build a relationship with Outbound Product Management to ensure alignment of our tactical plans with the strategic vision
- Relationship to Engineering: work on new product releases/prioritization, help engineering with the creation of schedules, and associated planning documents. plan and drive Public Betas, monitor critical bugs, and own the product management relationship with engineering and project managers
- 5+ years of inbound/technical product management experience with enterprise IT software (experience with open source and databases a plus)
- 2+ years of experience with Kubernetes / Operators / Docker / Containers
- 2+ years of experience with Cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, GCP, or similar)
- Strong conceptual understanding of distributed systems
- Demonstrate a good understanding of customers’ business challenges and needs
- Self-motivated and self-managed
- Team player - ability to work both within the product team and across other teams
- Excellent work ethic, strong organizational skills & ability to meet deadlines
- Willing to travel occasionally on business (as travel conditions permit)Language skills: English fluently, additional languages appreciated
- Very good verbal, written, and presentation skills, including public speaking skills
- Experience in working with inter-departmental stakeholders to successfully develop and deliver software products and solutions
- Ability to lead without authority, breaking down barriers between product areas and functions
This position is remote and can be based worldwide. If outside the Americas region, must be able to work at least five hours a day in US -East time zone.
Remote work from home openings require consistent and strong internet access.
HQ is in Durham, NC USA. Staff members should be available if there is a need for any onsite trainings and/or events at any time.
Note that your legal agreement will be with Percona Staffing LLC, a USA corporation and a subsidiary of Percona LLC.