Golang Software Engineer (remote)
Percona is a leader in providing best-of-breed enterprise-class support, consulting, managed services, training and software for MySQL®, MariaDB®, MongoDB®, PostgreSQL® and other open source databases in on-premises and cloud environments. Our services and software accommodate rapid growth and application development, help companies develop and deploy agile solutions and improve your ability to keep up with customer needs.
Discover what it means to work with some of the smartest people in the industry, and help solve some of the most challenging customer problems. We offer flexible hours, competitive salaries, the ability to work remote and the amazing experience of working with a multinational team of experts.
We’re looking for a remote full-time developer to join our team and help to bring Open Source databases to Kubernetes. Ideally, we would love to find a Golang Software Engineer who has deep knowledge of both distributed databases and Kubernetes, but will consider an experienced programmer who has good knowledge in either area.
The work is challenging, but that’s why it’s also fun and rewarding! Plus, our team is small, so you and your work will have a significant impact on the Kubernetes ecosystem. This is a rare opportunity to work from home in a great team, on a 100% open source project!
This position is back-end development (but the talented full-stack developers are welcome too). You should find these keywords familiar and very appealing: Kubernetes, infrastructure orchestration, MongoDB, MySQL, PostgreSQL, database clustering, database high-availability strategies, containers.
What You Will Do
- Key contributor in building and implementing the Kubernetes Operators for relational and NoSQL databases
- Architect technical design of new features and improvements
- Collaborate with engineers and teams across the company to helping in the deployment and debugging of Kubernetes Operator to facilitate rapid integration and massive growth
- Participate in technical articles writing, blogging, conference speaking engagements
- 3+ years of commercial experience with Golang
- Excellent understanding of how to build distributed clusters for (at least one) MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB
- Strong Kubernetes experience
- Team player first
- Strong desire to do QA work
- Proven communication skills: blog posts, speaking at conferences, leading community, etc
- Success working in a distributed environment where e-mail, instant messaging and voice calls are the only interactions with others on a daily basis
- ability to communicate effectively in English (speaking and writing)
Remote work from home openings require consistent and strong internet access.
HQ is in Durham, NC USA. Staff members should be available if there is a need for any onsite trainings and/or events at any time.
Note that your legal agreement will be with Percona Staffing LLC, a USA corporation and a subsidiary of Percona LLC.