Percona is a leader in providing best-of-breed enterprise-class support, consulting, managed services, training and software for MySQL®, MariaDB®, MongoDB®, PostgreSQL® and other open source databases in on-premises and cloud environments. Our services and software accommodate rapid growth and application development, help companies develop and deploy agile solutions and improve your ability to keep up with customer needs.
Percona open source database expertise helps businesses avoid downtime and outages, meet customer experience expectations, foster operational and developer collaboration and manage enterprise risks through sound database architecture frameworks.
Discover what it means to work with some of the smartest people in the industry, and help solve some of the most challenging customer problems. We offer flexible hours, competitive salaries, the ability to work remote and the amazing experience of working with a multinational team of experts.
Percona is looking for a remote, flexible and efficient build & release engineer to join its development team. You will work from your home office, using online tools and resources to contribute to a quality build & release environment for Percona and its customers. Candidates from any timezone (worldwide) will be considered.
- Create and maintain packaging for Redhat rpm based systems (yum/dnf) and Debian deb based systems (apt)
- Develop and automate tests for products and packages
- Assist with internal and external build/packaging/release related projects
- Assist clients with implementing various items relating to their build environment
- Monitor, log, analyze, and fix packaging related bugs
- Further automate the current build processes/tasks and packaging testing setup
- Resolve issues with internal repositories & implement new repositories as needed
- Integrate new products and 3rd party softwares into Percona packages as needed
- Design & implement solutions for package interdependencies
- Evaluate new build/packaging/release solutions as needed
- Assist with packaging setup/method review & overhaul
- Previous exposure to a large-scale build/release environment, or equivalent experience in, for example, a development, devops or DBA role. Preferably with extensive database-related exposure
- Experienced in Linux systems administration (file systems, hardware, and networking)
- Good communicator & fluent in written and spoken English
- Previous experience with make, cmake, cpack, yum & apt repositories
- Proficiency in automating tasks, including shell scripting skills
- Experience with at least one virtualization tool like KVM VirtualBox or VMWare
- Proficiency with Docker and containerization
- Experience with software testing methods and technologies
- Ansible and/or other DevOps platforms
- Proficient with PostgresSQL, MySQL, or other open source relational database
- Amazon AWS EC2, CloudFormation, Spot Instances
- Experience with Jenkins, GPG, JIRA, gdb, Go
- Proven success working in a distributed environment where email, Slack and voice calls are the only interactions with clients, colleagues and managers on a daily basis
- Tertiary studies degree or certifications relevant to core skills
- System administration skills for other operating systemsSome C/C++ Coding skills
Location: Remote work from home ideally within Eastern Europe (EEST) or India (IST)
Travel per year: 1 team meeting, usually 1 conference, more if desired
Remote work from home openings require consistent and strong internet access.
HQ is in Durham, NC USA. Staff members should be available if there is a need for any onsite trainings and/or events at any time.
Note that your legal agreement will be with Percona Staffing LLC, a USA corporation and a subsidiary of Percona LLC.