We’re looking for a full-time Backend Architect with extensive SaaS experience to join our team and help build Percona Monitoring and Management (PMM). This is an amazing opportunity to build something from the ground up and integrate our existing Client/Server products with Cloud to deliver a new wave of services and functionality to our users. The work is challenging, but that’s why it’s also fun and rewarding! Plus, our team is small, so you and your work will have a large impact.
Location: Remote work from home specifically from the Europe / Eastern Europe region.
What You Will Do
- Design, architect and support the team in building performant, reliable and high-quality systems
- Interact with stakeholders to translate business needs to clear technical specs and architecture documents
- Establish frameworks, define development and security guidelines to allow the dev teams to operate with ease
- Participate in code and design reviews identifying potential improvements
- Identify and uphold engineering best practices
- Develop scalable, high-volume, performant API-first applications focused on simplicityand user delight
- Plan solutions to highly complex problems well in advance of development starting
- Interact with devops engineers to help build a resilient infrastructure and CI/CD system
- 3-5 years experience setting architectural direction of a web-based product, bonus points for hybrid on-prem/cloud design
- A deep understanding of modern approaches to building application architecture
- 5+ years programming in Go with excellent programming fundamental
- sExperience with MongoDB, MySQL or PostgreSQL
- Comfortable with Linux (CentOS or Debian or Ubuntu)
- Great experience with Client/Server applications
- Experience in building products on cloud computing platform (AWS or GCP or OpenShift)
- Good command of git, familiarity with Github Actions
- Ability to work with others as well as independently in a fully remote environment
- Excellent written and verbal English language skills
What Will Make You Stand Out
- Knowledge of other databases/data stores (ex: redis, clickhouse)
- Deep knowledge of security and encryption techniques for transmitting and storing sensitive data
- Experience writing and maintaining unit and integration tests
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with continuous deployment to cloud / virtualized environments (“DevOps”)
- Experience with Prometheus or other systems monitoring tools
- College degree in Computer Science or similar
Percona is a respected thought leader in the open source community. We provide services and software for MySQL, MongoDB, PostgreSQL and MariaDB to open source users globally.
Percona is remote-first and globally dispersed; we have 250 Staff members in more than 40 countries. We offer a collaborative, highly-engaged culture where your ideas are welcome and your voice is heard. The growth and development of our staff is a top priority; we provide funding for training, certifications, conferences and more.
Discover what it means to work with some of the smartest people in the industry, who also know how to have fun and are always willing to lend a helping hand. We offer flexible hours, the ability to work remotely and the amazing experience of working with a multinational team of experts.