Every fall I enjoy traveling to key events to meet Percona’s customers and software users. Аfter Monitorama this week in the USA, I’m heading to Russia and the UK.
My first Russian event will be a meetup in Ryazan on November 5th sponsored by EPAM Systems. I invite all local developers, DBAs, DevOps engineers and others to join me at this free event. I’ll deliver two talks:
- What Developers Should Know About Databases
- Monitoring and Troubleshooting of Opensource Databases with Percona Monitoring & Management 2.0
On November 7-8 I’ll speak at HighLoad++ in Moscow along with six other Percona experts. My talks will be:
- BpfTrace – Finally a Full-Fledged Replacement for Dtrace in Linux
- Query Analysis for MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB
Sessions by other Percona engineers will be:
- The Way to Open Source DBaaS with Kubernetes by Mykola Marzhan
- MySQL 8 vs MariaDB 10.4 – Feature Comparison by Alkin Tezuysal
- When is MyRocks good? by Alkin Tezuysal & Sergei Kuzmichev
- MySQL Replication vs Galera: What’s Best for your Workload by Nickolay Ihalainen
In addition, Percona experts will participate in these HighLoad++ Meet-ups:
- Getting Started with Kubernetes and MySQL by Mykola Marzhan
- Go turns 10: the Past, Present & Future by Alexey Palazhchenko
- What is Percona Monitoring and Management (PMM) and how it can help you while building apps for heavy workloads? by Alexander Blinkov
I’d also like to thank everyone who voted for me for this year’s prestigious HighLoad++ Award. I appreciate your confidence in me and in Percona.
My last Russian event this year will be a meet-up in Nizhniy Novgorod on November 9th. My talks will be the same ones as at Ryzan. I want to thank the Nizhny Novgorod branch of Rosbank and the iCluster Global IT Community for organizing this free event open to all.
Finally please visit Booth 754 at Big Data London 2019 on November 13-14. I won’t be there, but our team would be delighted to speak directly with you if you drop by.