Percona is glad to announce the release of Percona Monitoring and Management 1.0.5.
PMM Server changelog
- Prometheus 1.1.3
- Consul 0.7.0
- Added Orchestrator – a MySQL replication topology management and visualization tool. Available at /orchestrator URL. You can see demo here.
Note: Orchestrator was included into PMM for experimental purposes. It is a standalone tool, not integrated with PMM other than that you can access it from the landing page. How to use Orchestrator with PMM you can find here.
- Added ProxySQL metrics and dashboard. You can see demo here.
- Changed metric storage encoding to achieve less disk space usage by 50-70%.
- Grafana data is now stored in the data container to preserve your custom dashboards and settings.
Note: to enable this, create the data container with “-v /var/lib/grafana”.
- MySQL Query Analytics data is now preserved when you remove and then add a mysql:queries instance with the same name using pmm-admin.
- Fixed rare issue when Nginx tries to use IPv6 for localhost connections.
- Improvements and fixes to Query Analytics.
- Various dashboard improvements.
PMM Client changelog
- Added check for orphaned local and remote services.
- Added repair command to remove orphaned services.
- Added proxysql:metrics service and proxysql_exporter.
- Amended check-network output.
- Disabled inital client configuration with a name that is already in use.
- Changed the threshold for automatically disabling table stats when adding mysql:metrics service to 1000 tables on the server. Table stats were previously automatically disabled only if there were over 10 000 tables. You can still manually disable table stats using “pmm-admin add mysql –disable-tablestats”.
- Fixes for mysql:queries service:
- Improved registration and detection of orphaned setup
- PID file “” is no longer created on Amazon Linux (requires to re-add mysql:queries service)
- Fixed support for MySQL using a timezone different than UTC
- Corrected detection of slow log rotation and also perform its own rotation when used as a query source
- RELOAD privilege is now required to flush the slow log
- PMM Client can be installed as a package on RedHat EL 5/CentOS 5.
To see live demo, please visit pmmdemo.percona.com.
We welcome your feedback and questions on our PMM forum.
About Percona Monitoring and Management
Percona Monitoring and Management is an open-source platform for managing and monitoring MySQL and MongoDB performance. It is developed by Percona in collaboration with experts in the field of managed database services, support and consulting.
PMM is a free and open-source solution that you can run in your own environment for maximum security and reliability. It provides thorough time-based analysis for MySQL and MongoDB servers to ensure that your data works as efficiently as possible.