5 Percona Toolkit Tools for MySQL That Could Save Your Day
Percona Toolkit is a must-have set of tools that can help serious MySQL administrators perform tasks that are common but difficult to do manually. Years of deployments by tens of thousands of users including some of the best-known Internet sites, have proven the reliability of the Percona Toolkit tools for MySQL.
In this presentation, you will learn how you can use some of these tools to solve typical, real-world MySQL database administration challenges, such as:
· Selecting which queries you should try to optimize to get better response times
· How to efficiently purge data from a huge table without putting too much load on your server
· How to check which tables are affected when someone accidentally wrote to a replica and fix the problem without rebuilding the tables
· How to gather data for performance problems that happen randomly and last only a few seconds
· How to run ALTER TABLE on your largest tables without downtime
Join Stephane Combaudon as he demonstrates how to use Percona Toolkit's pt-query digest, pt-archiver, pt-table-checksum, pt-stalk, and pt-online-schema-change to address these MySQL challenges and more in all MySQL platforms including MySQL 5.6.
WHEN: Wednesday, April 3, 2013
PRESENTER: Stéphane Combaudon, Consultant
Slides: Download Here