Percona XtraDB Cluster 5.6
Percona XtraDB Cluster 5.6 combines the features and benefits of Percona Server, Galera, wsrep API, and Percona XtraBackup into a unified package. This free, open source solution for high availability is easier to deploy and manage than commonly used MySQL® replication technologies. Applications that require high availability will benefit from this combination of the latest versions of these software solutions to deliver cost-effective, high performance based on the latest features and fixes.
Improved Performance from All Components
Percona Server 5.6 (a drop-in alternative to MySQL), the database powering each Percona XtraDB Cluster 5.6 node, offers significantly enhanced performance with:
- A ThreadPool feature for fast and consistent performance as concurrent threads grow into the thousands
- Expanded diagnostics capabilities for new insights into user, index, table, and query activity
- Reduced instances of locking to improve write scalability when compared to Percona Server 5.5
Galera 3, the synchronous replication technology connecting each node, includes new features and fixes not available in previous versions:
- Improved memory performance
- Greater data integrity
- Replication optimizations to decrease latency
- Minimized replication traffic between WAN segments
Percona XtraBackup 2.1, the default State Snapshot Transfer (SST) method in Percona XtraDB Cluster 5.6, offers:
- Fastest SST with parallel, compressed, and compacted options for expedited node addition and recovery
- Highly security with industry standard AES multi-threaded data encryption available
Upgrade from Any MySQL Compatible Database
Since Percona XtraDB Cluster 5.6 includes Percona Server (a drop-in alternative to MySQL), upgrades to Percona XtraDB Cluster 5.6 from a variety of platforms are easy:
A Mature and High Quality MySQL Cluster Solution
Since our first release of Percona XtraDB Cluster in 2012, Percona has established a track record of consistently delivering the latest features and fixes. Our rich test suite enables us to deliver the highest quality software. Using “pairwise testing,” an advanced technique for optimizing test runs, ensures proper QA coverage every time.
Upgrade to Percona XtraDB Cluster 5.6
Follow our recommended upgrade steps for deploying Percona XtraDB Cluster 5.6 with no downtime.
Additional Percona XtraDB Cluster Help
Commercial help with Percona XtraDB Cluster 5.6 is available from the Percona Consulting team. The Percona Support team offers optional coverage for Percona XtraDB Cluster. The Percona Managed Services team can provide outsourced management of Percona XtraDB Cluster deployments.