MySQL on AWS 101 - Using the AWS API, set up MySQL on EBS and more
If you are an experienced MySQL DBA and want to get started with MySQL in the Amazon cloud? This is what this talk is about. But how difficult can it be, really? Frankly, not that difficult and here we look at the options you have, including, but not limited to:
- Setting up instances for MySQL.
- Why you want to use EBS disks and how to get started with them.
- Using EBS snapshots for lightning fast backups
- Automating DBA tasks.
- Scripting with the Amazon API.
- Managing your databases in the Amazon cloud.
- Choosing between MySQL on EBS or RDS?
There will be live demonstrations on how to use the Amazon API for common DBA tasks, and time for discussion around Amazon. Largely, the format for this talk is a Workshop, a few slides will be shown, but the focus is on live demos!