common_schema: DBA's framework for MySQL
This session introduces the common_schema project: a self contained schema which includes a set of sophisticated views, routines and a specialized scripting language (QueryScript), simplifying MySQL server administration and analysis.
common_schema is aimed to be imported onto any MySQL server, on any platform. Along with INFORMATION_SCHEMA and PERFORMANCE_SCHEMA, common_schema becomes a valuable tool for one's server. In this session we will see how common_schema adds new capabilities to the MySQL server or otherwise makes complex tasks easy. We will review:
* How to install (import) common_schema
* Schema analysis views
* Process & security views and routines
* Status monitoring and transaction analysis
* SQL generating views and eval()
* QueryScript: an SQL based scripting language
We will see how common_schema/QueryScript assist in common tasks such as alleviating load from heavyweight queries, killing queries/connections, analyzing deadlocks, managing tables on multiple databases, iterating, scripting and more.
- High Performance MySQL, 3rd Edition, Baron Schwartz et al.