Our Solutions Engineers spend a significant amount of time talking to customers who are deployed in a DBaaS environment, or who are considering moving to DBaaS.
A common theme of these discussions is what a “fully-managed database service” actually means in real terms?
Selecting the most suitable database technologies and cloud providers to achieve business success is crucial. Businesses are looking for the best database solutions at the right prices. But, having so many options available can be confusing.
To make things clearer, we examine the key differences between Percona Managed Database Services (PMDS) and Amazon Aurora in various areas, including:
- Operational functions
- Application and performance
- Architecture and design
- Monitoring and troubleshooting
- Cost comparison
To help you make the right choices, we also discuss:
- The operational functions that you still need to cover when moving to DBaaS
- Why DBaaS does not automatically solve your performance and architecture issues
- How detailed is the monitoring provided by DBaaS?
- Does DBaaS cover troubleshooting outages and issues?
- When and how you can reduce costs with alternative solutions.
- Which tasks you should retain responsibility for, to get the best possible performance from your data?
Read our solution brief to find out how you can make the right fully-managed database decision for your business, and how working with Percona can make a difference.