If you’ve been waiting to see the schedule before you commit to a ticket, wait no longer! With just a few spots to be confirmed before release, the bulk of the Percona Live Europe 2019 agenda can now be seen. We’ve said it before, but the quality of the submissions was high and it’s been a tough task to hone this down to the final schedule. We had to make more than a few tough decisions.
Thank you again to all of you who have submitted for this event, and to the Committee for their dedicated work on selecting the community’s picks.
We have allocated the talks to tracks according to their business theme this year. The good news is that if you want to follow just one specific technology – say, PostgreSQL – all talks will be tagged by their technology in the final program, so you can follow them easily no matter which track they appear under
Don’t forget to register soon as the discounted rate only lasts until September 1.
Time for some more of those featured talks…
You’ll find the abstracts for these talks on our agenda. We have over 80 speakers at this year’s event addressing all aspects of open source database technology.
- Test Like a Boss: Deploy and Test Complex Topologies With a Single Command, presented by Giuseppe Maxia
- Why PostgreSQL is Becoming a Migration Target in Large Enterprises, presented by Jobin Augustine, Percona
- MyRocks and RocksDB Advanced Features and Performance, presented by Yoshinori Matsunobu, Facebook
- New Indexing and Aggregation Pipeline Capabilities in MongoDB 4.2, presented by Antonios Giannopoulos, ObjectRocket by Rackspace
- Backing Up Wikipedia Databases, presented by Jaime Crespo, Manuel Arostegui of Wikipedia
- How a Modern Database Gets Your Data Fast: MariaDB Query Optimizer by Vicențiu Ciorbaru, MariaDB Foundation
- Benchmarking Should Never Be Optional, Art van Scheppingen, Messagebird
Monday, September 30 is the tutorial day, offering a range of hands-on half-day sessions to get you up to speed with open source database technologies, along with a full day’s tutorial introducing MySQL administration. The half-day sessions include:
- Innodb Architecture and Performance Optimization Tutorial for MySQL 8 presented by Peter Zaitsev, Percona
- Introduction to PL/pgSQL Development presented by Jim Mlodgenski, AWS
- MariaDB Server 10.4: The Complete Tutorial presented by Colin Charles, Consultant
- MySQL 8.0 InnoDB Cluster – Easiest Tutorial! presented by Frédéric Descamps and Kenny Gryp, Oracle
- Open Source Database Performance Optimization and Monitoring with PMM, presented by Michael Coburn, Percona
- Getting Started with Kubernetes and XtraDB Cluster, presented by Matthew Boehm, Percona
- MySQL, MariaDB & PostgreSQL as PaaS on Azure, presented by Jose Manuel Jurado Diaz, Vitor Pombeiro, and Hamza Aqel, Microsoft
- Percona XtraDB Cluster Tutorial, presented by Tibor Köröcz, Percona
- PostgreSQL For Oracle and MySQL DBAs and For Beginners, Avinash Vallarapu, Percona
- Percona Server for MongoDB, presented by Adamo Tonete and Vinicius Grippa, Percona
- MySQL 101 presented by Tom De Cooman and Dimitri Vanervobeke, Percona