A few administrative updatesMorgan Tocker
I wanted to write a few administrative updates in one so I didn’t spam everyone’s feed readers too much. Here we go:
- We’ve had reports of some lost comments. Â We reported this via Twitter a while ago, but thought it was fixed. Â We’ll try and pay more attention to spam filtering, but we wanted to reach out and say – let us know if you are one of the people having problems. Â We’re listening. Â (Of course if you have any suggestions on how to manage/filter through thousands of spam items/week, we’d like to know as well).
- Pingbacks were recently dropped when we upgraded to WordPress 2.8. Â Miss them? Â We’ve turned them back on.
- Our training sales for Santa Clara and San Francisco are going well. Â As a result we’re planning to have an east coast location at some point in the future. Â Please feel free to comment where you would like that to be!
- We have notified the winners of of our training competition. Â I wanted to share their comments:
Shell1My favorite Percona patch : innodb fast recovery patch.Shell1Shell1Reason: Innodb recovery has always been a big headache for any DBA since it used to take ages to complete a recovery after crash. Now with the patch I am able to do a recovery in less than a tenth of the time it used to take. Great job by Yasufumi in hacking the code(not just this patch :) ) which has been a nightmare for all DBA's.
And:Shell1My favorite patch is "Micro second slow query patch" as it actively allows me to identify the queries which takes few seconds to execute but their frequencies is just too high i.e. few hundred times a hour. By optimizing these queries I can freeup the server resources to do other useful work.
- And the last item is a reminder: the deadline for our early bird registration on training is Monday.