Operational DBA In A Nutshell! Hands On Tutorial! (Part 1)
This is a full day tutorial
The tutorial is meant for people to gain more experience in day to day tasks to manage a MySQL Infrastructure.
Several best practises, techniques, tools will be explained and tested during this full day Tutorial.
- Monitoring (alerting & trending)
- Backups (strategy, XtraBackup, recovery)
- Performing Schema Changes
- Identify queries to optimize
- High Availability
- MySQL Configuration (best practises)
- Understand MySQL's behavior better (counters, innodb information, system resources)
- Investigating different kinds of problems (capturing, understanding resolving)
- Tools to make your life easier (percona toolkit…)
- Validating configurations (benchmarking)
- Replication (setup, consistency checks, fixing replication)
The tutorial will be mainly hands on. Virtualbox images will be provided at the start of the tutorial.
- Be familiar with MySQL's basic usage (starting, stopping, basic command line tools like 'mysql', 'mysqld', 'mysqldump')
- Have some familiarity with SQL
- Be used to working with unix shells and SSH
- Have a laptop with virtualbox installed and working