MySQL 5.6 Solutions from Percona
Get the Most from MySQL® 5.6 with Percona
MySQL® 5.6 provides new features which make MySQL even more powerful and easy to manage. Percona offers services and open source software to help you take advantage of the improvements and new functionality in MySQL 5.6, the latest version of the world's most popular database solution.
We also offer the free, open source Percona Server 5.6 which is an enterprise-grade, drop-in alternative to MySQL. Visit the Percona Server 5.6 webpage to learn more about this software which offers the improvements of the MySQL 5.6 Community Edition plus the scalability, availability, backup, and security features found only in MySQL 5.6 Enterprise Edition.
MySQL 5.6 Services from Percona Can Help
In addition to MySQL 5.6, our MySQL Consulting, MySQL Support, MySQL Server Development, and MySQL Remote DBA teams fully support Percona Server, Percona XtraDB Cluster, MariaDB®, Amazon® RDS for MySQL, Drizzle®, and MySQL by Oracle:
- Our MySQL Consulting Team can audit your current system; assess how to re-architect, develop, and tune your application to take advantage of the latest features; create an in-depth upgrade plan; and, help design and deploy new applications to bring new benefits to your end users.
- Our MySQL Support Team can support your deployment with 24x7 online and phone-based availability. Gold and Platinum support services also include custom bug fixes to resolve issues more quickly than through the standard MySQL bug resolution system.
- Our MySQL Server Development Team can help you with code level issues such as compatibility, porting plugins or other custom code from previous MySQL versions, and other issues.
- Our MySQL Remote DBA Team can monitor, maintain, and fine tune your test and production environments and resolve any performance issues that arise.
- Our MySQL Training Team offers an intensive, two-day workshop called "Moving to MySQL 5.6," which is offered in cities throughout the world, as well as on a customized and/or onsite basis.
Percona Open Source Software Integration with MySQL 5.6
Several of our open source software projects support and are compatible with MySQL 5.6:
- Percona Server 5.6 is an enterprise-grade, drop-in alternative to MySQL. Visit the Percona Server 5.6 webpage to learn more about this free, open source software which offers the improvements of the MySQL 5.6 Community Edition plus the scalability, availability, backup, and security features found only in the MySQL 5.6 Enterprise Edition. Watch our webinar "Percona Server 5.6: Enterprise Grade MySQL® with Outstanding Performance" recording to learn more.
- Percona Xtrabackup is a free, open source hot backup solution for MySQL
- Percona XtraDB Cluster is a free, open source high availability alternative for MySQL
- Percona Toolkit is a set of free, open source command line tools for administering MySQL
- Percona Monitoring Plugins is free, open source software which allows easy integration of open source monitoring tools to a MySQL deployment
Stay Informed About MySQL 5.6
Percona provides several resources to help inform you about important MySQL 5.6-related issues:
- The MySQL Performance Blog is Percona's MySQL & InnoDB performance and scalability blog and includes posts on our latest MySQL 5.6 learning and best practices. You can also read about Percona open source product releases that integrate with MySQL 5.6, such as Percona Server 5.6.
- Percona Webinars are live presentations, with Q&A, given by members of our consulting, support, and training teams about key MySQL 5.6-related topics. Recordings of past webinars are also available.
- Technical Presentations that have been given by Percona consultants in a variety of forums, covering a full range of MySQL-related topics, including MySQL 5.6 and Percona Server 5.6, can be downloaded and shared.
- The Percona Live Conference is the venue to learn about MySQL 5.6 and Percona open source software related to MySQL 5.6. Here, you will meet MySQL industry leaders, experts, and enthusiasts and discuss key issues, ideas, and technology innovations in the MySQL ecosystem.
- You can also subscribe to our Percona Newsletters to learn about key MySQL 5.6-related events, training classes, webinars, popular blog discussions, and Percona's newest software releases. You may add new subscriptions or unsubscribe from any of the newsletters at any time.
Whether you are an early adopter, on the fence, planning a full migration or upgrade, or just seeking to learn more about the advantages, Percona can help you move to the next level in your decision making process. Please contact us to let us know how we can help you.