MySQL 5.6 Solutions from Percona
Get the Most from MySQL 5.6 with Percona
MySQL 5.6 was declared production-ready in February 2013. The eagerly awaited MySQL 5.6 release provides new features which make MySQL even more powerful and easy to manage. Percona is ready to help you take advantage of the improvements and new functionality in MySQL 5.6, the latest version of the world's most popular database solution.
MySQL 5.6 Services from Percona Can Help
In addition to MySQL 5.6, our MySQL Consulting, MySQL Support, MySQL Server Development, and MySQL Remote DBA teams fully support Percona Server, Percona XtraDB Cluster, MariaDB, Amazon RDS for MySQL, Drizzle, and MySQL 5.1 and 5.5:
- Our MySQL Consulting Team can audit your current system; assess how to re-architect, develop, and tune your application to take advantage of the latest MySQL 5.6 features; create an in-depth upgrade plan; and, help design and deploy new applications to bring new benefits to your end users.
- Our MySQL Support Team can support your MySQL 5.6 deployment with 24x7 online and phone-based availability. Gold and Platinum support services also include custom bug fixes to resolve MySQL 5.6 issues more quickly than through the standard MySQL bug resolution system.
- Our MySQL Server Development Team can help you with code level issues such as compatibility, porting plugins or other custom code from previous MySQL versions, and other issues.
- Our MySQL Remote DBA Team can monitor, maintain, and fine tune your MySQL 5.6 test and production environments and resolve any performance issues that arise.
- Our MySQL Training Team offers an intensive, two-day workshop called "Moving to MySQL 5.6," which is offered in cities throughout the world, as well as on a customized and/or onsite basis.
Percona Open Source Software Integration with MySQL 5.6
Several of our open source software projects already support and are compatible with MySQL 5.6. Others will be in the next few weeks:
- Percona Toolkit
- Percona Monitoring Plugins
- Percona Xtrabackup
- Percona Server 5.6 is coming soon, a drop-in alternative to MySQL.
- Percona XtraDB Cluster 5.6, a high availability alternative for MySQL, is coming soon.
The Percona Server 5.6 release will contain all MySQL 5.6 features as well as Percona additions and optimizations. MySQL 5.6 rolls many improvements which previously existed only in Percona Server into MySQL 5.6 mainline which means we will have less code to maintain and can focus on more valuable features and optimizations.
Stay Informed About MySQL 5.6
Percona provides several resources to help inform you about important MySQL 5.6 issues:
- The MySQL Performance Blog is Percona's MySQL & InnoDB performance and scalability blog and includes posts on our latest MySQL 5.6 learning and best practices. You can also read about the status of new Percona open source product releases that integrate with MySQL 5.6.
- Percona Webinars are live presentations, with Q&A, given by members of our consulting, support, and training teams about key MySQL 5.6-related topics. Recordings of past webinars are also available.
- Technical Presentations that have been given by Percona consultants in a variety of forums, covering a full range of MySQL-related topics, including MySQL 5.6, can be downloaded and shared.
- The Percona Live Conference is the venue to learn about MySQL 5.6. Here, you will meet MySQL industry leaders, experts, and enthusiasts and discuss key issues, ideas, and innovations in the MySQL ecosystem.
- You can also subscribe to our Percona Newsletters to learn about key MySQL 5.6 Events, Training Classes, Webinars, Popular Blog Discussions, and Percona Software Releases. You may add new subscriptions or unsubscribe from any of the newsletters at any time.
Whether you are an early adopter of MySQL 5.6, on the fence, or just seeking to learn more about the advantages, Percona can help you move to the next level in your decision making process. Please contact us to let us know how we can help you.