Dong Wang (PayPal Holdings Inc), Heidi Wang (PayPal Holdings Inc), Van Pham (Venmo) deliver the talk, "Scaling MySQL at Venmo", on DAY 2 of the Percona Live Open Source Database Conference 2019, 5/30, at Austin, TX.
In this presentation, we'll cover the following areas:
- MySQL architecture and application eco system in Venmo
- Scalability challenges of MySQL for Venmo applications for Super Bowl peak traffic
- Short term scalability improvements for peak traffic, including horizontal and vertical scalability approaches.
- Long term directions to scale MySQL databases, including domain isolation, data sharding, and adapting MySQL database to support micro service applications.
- Case studies of MySQL performance tuning. Examples would include modifying application logic to eliminate database queries and working around optimizer bugs to handle multiple-table joins with order by limit clauses.
Using PMM to Identify and Troubleshoot Problematic MySQL Queries
Google Cloud Platform: MySQL at Scale with Reliable HA
Analytical Queries in MySQL - PLO October 2020
MySQL Ecosystem on ARM - Krunal Bauskar - Percona Live ONLINE 2020
How Does Geo-Replication Work in TiDB? - Jay Lee - Percona Live ONLINE
SQL Row Store vs Data Warehouse: Which Is Right for Your Application? - Robert Hodges - PLO October 2020