Colin Charles (Percona) delivers the talk, "MySQL/Percona Server/MariaDB Server security features overview", on DAY 2 of the Percona Live Open Source Database Conference 2018, 4/25, at Santa Clara, CA.
With MySQL 8, security models have changed (and they have been getting better since 5.6 & 5.7). This means there is diversion with MariaDB Server 10.0 and greater (being a fork). The bonus is that Percona Server for MySQL is quite close to MySQL (being a branch), but there are also security enhancements that one could benefit from. Come learn about them in this quick overview.
Some topics covered, but not limited to:
- Using TLS/SSL for connections
- Using TLS/SSL with MySQL replication
- Using external authentication plugins (LDAP, PAM, Kerberos)
- Encrypting your data at rest
- Monitoring your database with the audit plugins