Mani Subramanian (Groupon) delivers the talk, "Database Management in Groupon", on DAY 2 of the Percona Live Open Source Database Conference 2018, 4/25, at Santa Clara, CA.
In the current world, most of the Database Administration tasks were repeatable. The challenge is to avoid repeated works by automating/script the task for efficient time management. In Groupon, we use Opensource databases MySQL and PostgreSQL. We manage operations using Ansible playbooks.
This presentation covers how Ansible Playbooks are helpful to avoid manual works.
- What is Ansible?
- How Ansibles are used to improve efficiency and reduced most of the manual works.
- Provisioning MySQL & Postgres Databases.
- Cloning Slaves from Master DB
- Destroy databases
- Whitelisting app servers against databases.
- Find config/parameter consistency across the board.
- Backup the database
- Restore validation.
- Failover database.
- Restore DB using ZFS snashots.
- Install & enable monitoring config.
- Bunch of useful Ansible commands.
- Q & A
Introduction to pg_stat_monitor
PostgreSQL High-Performance Tuning and Optimization
Using PMM to Identify and Troubleshoot Problematic MySQL Queries
Why PostgreSQL Is Becoming A Migration Target For Enterprise
Google Cloud Platform: MySQL at Scale with Reliable HA
Analytical Queries in MySQL - PLO October 2020