From the operating system to the application layer, potential vulnerabilities exist at every turn. It is not enough to close one or two security holes or data leaks and hope for the best. In this webinar, Percona Remote DBA team member David Busby will cover MySQL security best practices including:
- Security above the MySQL layer
- How to identify and limit an attack surface
- The critical importance of password complexity
- Rigid grants and selective grants
- Deploying SELinux Security-related changes in MySQL 5.6
- The importance of CVEs
This detailed technical webinar provides insight into best security practices for either setting up a new MySQL environment or upgrading the security of an existing one.