Percona Server 5.6 provides key features only available in Oracle®'s MySQL 5.6 Enterprise Edition that provide high scalability, powerful backups, high availability, and higher security—for free. It also provides unparalleled performance in common high usage situations as well as advanced diagnostics for more effective management.
Stewart Smith, Director of Software Architecture for Percona, will:
- Highlight key differences between Percona Server 5.6 and 5.5
- Compare Percona Server 5.6 to MySQL 5.6, including:
- Features that are the same or surpass those in Oracle MySQL 5.6 Enterprise Edition including MySQL Enterprise Scalability, MySQL Enterprise Security, MySQL Enterprise Backup, and MySQL High Availability
- Provide details on the performance advantages of Percona Server 5.6 which outperforms Oracle MySQL 5.6 Community Edition in situations with 150 concurrent threads and provides 4x the performance with 1,000 concurrent threads. It also provides significant performance gains in high R/W situations, which will be detailed.
- The sophisticated diagnostics which surpass the diagnostics capabilities of Oracle MySQL Community Edition Performance Schema by matching its features plus including a User Stats feature that provides insight into user, index, and table activity. Percona Server 5.6 also has a Slow Query Log feature that can be fine-tuned to provide deep insight into query performance while minimizing system overhead.
At the end of this webinar you will understand the differences between Percona Server 5.6, Percona Server 5.5, and MySQL 5.6 and how those differences make Percona Server 5.6 the most powerful, highest performance, and most manageable free version of MySQL available today.