Early Bird Registration Ends February 2, Sponsorships Still Available
PLEASANTON, California – January 15, 2014 – Percona, the company that makes MySQL faster and more reliable, today published the conference and tutorial schedules for the Third Annual Percona Live MySQL Conference and Expo 2014 to be held at The Hyatt Regency Santa Clara and Santa Clara Convention Center, April 1-4, 2014. The company also announced that Early Bird Registration discounts will end on February 2, 2014 and that sponsorship opportunities for this highly anticipated event are still available.
Interest in the Percona Live MySQL Conference and Expo continues to soar as a result of the consistently high level of expertise at the show and the value of the information shared. Attendance at the Percona Live London 2013 conference in November increased by nearly 20 percent over the previous year and featured attendees from 31 countries.
Conference sessions will take place April 2 through April 4 following each morning’s keynote addresses. Percona Live MySQL Conference and Expo 2014 offers the broadest range of topics delivered by top MySQL practitioners at some of the world’s leading MySQL vendors and users, including Oracle, MariaDB, Facebook and Twitter. Topics include the following and much, much more.
- “MySQL 5.7: Core Server Improvements,” Morgan Tocker and Rune Humborstad, Oracle
- “MySQL 5.6 at Facebook, 2014 Edition,” Yoshinori Matsunobu, Facebook
- “MySQL 5.7: InnoDB – What’s New,” Sunny Bains, Oracle
- “Scaling Twitter with MySQL,” Calvin Sun, Twitter
- “Easy MySQL Replication Setup and Troubleshooting,” Bob Burgess, Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- “Sharding and Scale-out using MySQL Fabric,” Mats Kindahl, Oracle
- “MySQL 5.7: Performance Schema Improvements,” Mark Leith, Oracle
- “Privacy and Security for MySQL at Google in the Snowden Age,” Ian Gulliver, Google
- “Small Data and MySQL,” Domas Mituzas, Facebook
- “Hadoop for MySQL People,” Chris Schneider, Groupon.com
- “InnoDB: A Journey to the Core II,” Davi Arnaut, LinkedIn, and Jeremy Cole, Google
- “High Availability Tools for use with MySQL,” Jay Janssen, Percona
- “MySQL 5.7 Replication: A Close Look at What Is New,” Luis Soares, Oracle
- “Performance Monitoring and Tuning MySQL at Yahoo,” Ashwin Nellore, Xiang Rao, Yahoo
- “The MySQL NoSQL Wars: Can't we all just get along?” Tamar Bercovici, Box
- “MariaDB 10.0: What's New,” Sergei Golubchik, SkySQL
- “Virtually Available MySQL, or How to Stop Worrying and Love the Cloud,” Robert Hodges, Continuent
- “MySQL 5.7: Performance & Scalability Benchmarks,” Dimitri Kravtchuk, Oracle
- “Asynchronous MySQL: How Facebook Queries Databases,” Chip Turner, Facebook
- “Architecture and Design of MySQL Powered Applications,” Peter Zaitsev, Percona
- “MySQL Workload Replay,” Ashwin Nellore, Xiang Rao, Yahoo
Tutorials take place throughout the day on April 1, 2014. Tutorials provide practical, in-depth knowledge of critical MySQL issues. Topics include:
- “MySQL Replication: Advanced Features in all flavors,” Giuseppe Maxia, Continuent
- “Hands On Trove: Database as a Service in OpenStack (for MySQL),” Florian Haas, hastexo
- “MariaDB 10 - The complete tutorial,” Ivan Zoratti, Colin Charles, SkySQL Ab, MariaDB
- “MySQL Break/Fix Lab,” René Cannaò, PalominoDB
- “InnoDB Architecture and Performance Optimization,” Peter Zaitsev, Percona
- “Percona XtraDB Cluster / Galera in Practice - 2014 edition,” Jay Janssen, Percona
- “Deep diving into MySQL monitoring setup,” Roman Vynar, Akshay Suryawanshi, Michael Rikmas, Percona
- “Introduction to MongoDB for MySQL Users,” Stephane Combaudon, Percona
- “From Relational to Hadoop - Migrating your data pipeline,” Gwen Shapira, Zburivsky Danil, Cloudera, Pythian
- “Using TokuDB: A Guided Walk Through a TokuDB Implementation,” Tim Callaghan, Tokutek
Early Bird Registration
Early Bird Registration provides an opportunity for attendees to register early and save $200 on the price of attending. Early Bird Registration will end on February 2, 2014.
Birds of a Feather
Birds of a Feather (BOF) sessions enable attendees with interests in the same project or topic to enjoy some quality face time. BOFs can be organized for individual projects or broader topics (e.g., best practices, open data, standards). Any attendee or conference speaker can propose and moderate an engaging BOF. Percona will post the selected topics and moderators online and provide a meeting space and time. The deadline for BOF submissions is January 31, 2014.
Lightning Talks provide an opportunity for attendees to propose, explain, exhort, or rant on any MySQL-related topic for five minutes. Topics might include a new idea, successful project, cautionary story, quick tip, or demonstration. All submissions will be reviewed and the top 10 will be selected to present during the one-hour Lightning Talks session during the Wednesday night Community Networking Reception. Lighthearted, fun or otherwise entertaining submissions are highly welcome. The deadline for submitting a Lightning Talk topic is January 31, 2014.
Having Fun at the Hyatt
The Hyatt Regency Santa Clara is the best place to stay and enjoy all conference activities, including receptions, Birds of a Feather, and Lightning talks. Attendees have been known to mingle at the Hyatt bar throughout the afternoon and long into the evening. Percona has reserved a block of rooms, and attendees who make their reservations via the Percona Live MySQL Conference and Expo 2014 website receive a special rate.
This year’s Percona Live MySQL Conference and Expo is being sponsored by many of the world’s top MySQL solution providers, including:
Diamond Plus Sponsors
- InfiniDB (Calpont)
Sponsorship opportunities are still available. Sponsors of the Percona Live MySQL Conference and Expo 2014 will become part of a dynamic and growing ecosystem and interact with more than 1,000 DBAs, sysadmins, developers, CTOs, CEOs, business managers, technology evangelists, solutions vendors, and entrepreneurs in the heart of Silicon Valley.
Visit the Percona Live MySQL Conference and Expo 2014 website for more information about the conference. Interested community members can also register to receive email updates about the Percona Live MySQL Conference and Expo 2014.
Percona Live Conferences
|What:||Percona Live MySQL Conference and Expo 2014|
|Where:||The Hyatt Regency Santa Clara and Santa Clara Convention Center
5101 Great America Parkway
Santa Clara, CA 95054
|When:||April 1-4, 2014|
(888) 401-3401 Ext. 555
Percona has made MySQL faster and more reliable for over 2,000 consulting and support customers worldwide since 2006. Percona provides enterprise-grade MySQL support, Consulting, Training, Remote DBA, and Server Development services to companies such as Cisco Systems, Alcatel-Lucent, Groupon, and the BBC. Percona's founders authored the definitive book High Performance MySQL from O'Reilly Press and the widely read MySQL Performance Blog. Percona also develops software for MySQL users, including Percona Server, Percona XtraBackup, Percona XtraDB Cluster, and Percona Toolkit. The popular Percona Live conferences draw attendees and acclaimed speakers from around the world. For more information, visit www.percona.com.
# # #
Percona® and Percona XtraBackup® are registered trademarks of Percona LLC or its subsidiaries. All other registered and unregistered trademarks in this document are the sole property of their respective owners.