Call for Speaker Proposals for OpenStack Live 2015 Is Open Through November 16, 2014
DURHAM, North Carolina – Oct. 28, 2014 – Percona, the company that makes MySQL faster and more reliable, today highlighted multiple initiatives to drive adoption and enhanced performance for OpenStack. The company has created OpenStack Live 2015, a new annual conference running in parallel with the Percona Live MySQL Conference & Expo 2015 at The Hyatt Regency Santa Clara and Santa Clara Convention Center, April 13-14, 2015. Percona is also a sponsor of and is participating in the OpenStack Paris Summit 2014, Nov. 3-7, 2014.
Percona shares knowledge about OpenStack and MySQL through periodic webinars and posts on the Percona Performance Blog. On November 12, the company is hosting the webinar Percona XtraDB Cluster as a MySQL HA Solution for OpenStack. On December 10, the company is presenting the webinar MySQL and OpenStack Deep Dive.
Percona open source products used in OpenStack deployments are included in notable software distributions including Ubuntu 14.04 LTS. Percona XtraDB Cluster has also been certified for the Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform (RHEL OSP). Percona Server is also a key element of Rackspace’s Cloud Databases product, which is built on OpenStack.
OpenStack is the fastest-growing open cloud platform, and for the past two years, Percona has provided consulting services for large enterprises and Cloud providers needing assistance with MySQL and Trove to optimize their OpenStack deployments.
Percona OpenStack Highlights
- OpenStack Live – In September 2014, Percona announced OpenStack Live 2015, a new annual conference that will run in parallel with the annual Percona Live MySQL Conference and Expo. OpenStack Live provides a unique opportunity to learn key considerations for cloud strategies, how to improve overall performance, and operational best practices for managing OpenStack and maximizing its MySQL core. The call for speaker proposals for OpenStack Live is open through November 16, 2014.
- OpenStack Summit -- Percona is a sponsor of the OpenStack Summit 2014 in Paris (booth E20) and is participating in three presentations. Peter Boros, principal architect at Percona will co-present MySQL and OpenStack Deep Dive with Jay Pipes of Mirantis. George Lorch, software engineer at Percona, will speak with Vipul Sabhaya of the HP Cloud Platform Services team on Percona Server Features for OpenStack and Trove Ops. Tushar Katarki, Percona director of product management, will present a vBrownBag Tech Talk entitled “MySQL High Availability Options for OpenStack.”
- Webinars – On November 12, 2014, Percona is hosting a webinar on “Percona XtraDB Cluster as a MySQL HA Solution for Openstack.” Understanding how to create high availability (HA) MySQL is a key piece to achieving OpenStack high availability. This webinar will discuss MySQL HA options for OpenStack with a primary focus on Percona XtraDB Cluster, which is built on Galera technology. Tradeoffs with respect to other options as well as architectural considerations will be discussed. On December 10, 2014, Percona is presenting the webinar MySQL and OpenStack Deep Dive. This webinar will dispel some of the myths around the available MySQL variants for use with OpenStack and provide a clearer picture of the strengths and weaknesses of some of the most commonly used options. The webinar will include a deep dive into MySQL database performance analysis as it relates to OpenStack.
- Ubuntu and Red Hat – Percona has worked over the past year to increase the presence of its open source software products in the OpenStack ecosystem. Percona XtraDB Cluster, Percona Toolkit for MySQL, and Percona XtraBackup are now included in the Ubuntu 14.04 LTS (Long Term Support) release of the Linux operating system. Percona XtraDB Cluster is also certified for the Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform (RHEL OSP). Ubuntu and Red Hat are two of the most widely used Linux distributions for OpenStack, and the inclusion and certification assure users they can implement their MySQL strategies on these platforms using Percona software.
- Consulting Services – Percona offers consulting services for companies needing assistance with MySQL to optimize their OpenStack cloud deployment or their commercial OpenStack-based cloud services. Percona has provided consulting assistance to large enterprises and cloud providers on a variety of issues including MySQL performance optimization and developing software solutions related to Trove.
- Rackspace – MySQL is at the heart of the OpenStack database as a service (DBaaS) platform. Rackspace now offers Percona Server as an available managed cloud services option. Percona is committed to supporting all variants of MySQL available on the Rackspace Cloud Databases platform to ensure optimal success and performance for migrations, replications, backups, indexing, and queries.
Peter Zaitsev, Co-founder and CEO of Percona
“OpenStack is a foundational technology for new options for private and public cloud deployments. MySQL is at the heart of OpenStack and we are committed to providing our expertise in MySQL to help improve Trove and OpenStack and make users more successful. We are also committed to playing a role in the evolution of the OpenStack community and to providing the support our customers need to optimize the performance and reliability of their deployments.”
(888) 401-3401 Ext. 555
Percona has made MySQL faster and more reliable for over 2,000 consulting and support customers worldwide since 2006. Percona provides enterprise-grade MySQL support, Consulting, Managed Services, and Training services to companies such as Cisco Systems, Alcatel-Lucent, Groupon, and the BBC. Percona's founders authored the definitive book High Performance MySQL from O'Reilly Press and the widely read Percona MySQL Performance Blog. Percona also develops software for MySQL users, including Percona Server, Percona XtraBackup, Percona XtraDB Cluster, and Percona Toolkit. The popular Percona Live conferences draw attendees and acclaimed speakers from around the world. For more information, visit www.percona.com.
# # #
Percona® and Percona XtraBackup® are registered trademarks of the Percona LLC or its subsidiaries. All other registered and unregistered trademarks in this document are the sole property of their respective owners.