Continued Explosive Growth of Service Bookings and Open Source Product Downloads Plus Strength of New Products and Services Highlight Growing Demand for Percona Solutions
DURHAM, North Carolina – July 8, 2014 – Percona, the company that makes MySQL faster and more reliable, today highlighted its continued momentum during the first half of 2014. Offering products and services that help companies cost-effectively and reliably scale MySQL, Percona consistently demonstrates thought leadership on the direction of the MySQL ecosystem and a visionary approach to technology. During the first half of 2014, the bootstrapped company topped 2,000 total customers, experienced nearly 50 percent year-over-year growth in Support bookings and 60 percent year-over-year growth in Managed Services bookings, generated more than 750,000 downloads of its open source software, grew to nearly 120 employees, and expanded use of its open source software in the OpenStack ecosystem. The company was named a Red Herring North America 100 Finalist, a DBTA 100 2014 Company That Matters Most, and Stevie Awards Finalists for Company of the Year and New Product or Service of the Year.
The company’s Percona Live Conferences continue to grow, earn accolades, and draw the top companies and experts from across the MySQL industry, including all the major MySQL providers. The Third Annual Percona Live MySQL Conference and Expo, held in April, was particularly “vibrant and upbeat,” drawing more than 1,100 attendees from 40 countries, an increase of 15 percent over the previous year. The event featured the first Open Source Appreciation Day with a track focused on OpenStack and another focused on CentOS. The company also announced that the Call for Speakers for Percona Live London MySQL Conference 2014 is open, and speaker proposals will be accepted through August 17, 2014.
2014 First Half Highlights
- Percona enjoyed strong bookings growth with Managed Services bookings increasing nearly 60 percent year-over-year, Support bookings increasing nearly 50 percent year-over-year, and overall bookings growing nearly 40 percent year-over-year.
- Percona renamed its MySQL administration services to Percona Managed Services and began offering Percona Backup Service, a managed service that ensures properly configured MySQL server backups run successfully as scheduled on customer-provided backup storage—on premise, in the cloud, or in a hybrid environment.
- Percona partnered with Webyog to provide Gold and Platinum Percona Support customers with MONyog plus Percona Advisors, an installable set of rules, alerts, and recommended actions for MONyog.
- Percona partnered with Severalnines to provide Percona Support customers that choose the high availability support option with Severalnines Cluster Control Enterprise Edition, the leading solution for monitoring and management of high availability MySQL deployments.
- Percona announced the availability of Percona Cluster Support -- a bundled solution that brings together Percona XtraDB Cluster, Severalnines Cluster Control Enterprise Edition, and Percona Support – to make it easy to deploy and manage a high availability cluster based on Percona XtraDB Cluster.
Open Source Software:
- Percona improved management of high availability MySQL with the release of Percona XtraDB Cluster 5.6.
- Downloads of Percona open source software solutions increased nearly 50 percent year-over-year to more than 750,000 in the first half of 2014.
- Percona open source software became even more widely used in the OpenStack ecosystem with Percona XtraDB Cluster, Percona Toolkit for MySQL, and Percona XtraBackup now included in the Ubuntu 14.04 LTS (Long Term Support) release of the Linux operating system. Percona XtraDB Cluster is also now certified for the Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform (RHEL OSP).
Percona Live Conferences:
- More than 1,100 attendees from 40 countries participated in the Third Annual Percona Live MySQL Conference and Expo, an increase of 15 percent over the previous year. This year’s event was sponsored by 34 companies and featured talks by industry luminaries from Oracle, Dropbox, Fusion-io, Continuent, and many more. It also featured the first ever Open Source Appreciation Day with tracks focused on OpenStack and on CentOS.
- Percona was named a Red Herring North America 100 Finalist.
- Percona was included in the DBTA 100 2014 list of Companies That Matter Most in Data.
- Percona was named a finalist for two American Stevie Awards: Company of the Year - Computer Software - Up to 250 Employees, and New Product or Service of the Year - Software – Other.
Peter Zaitsev, Founder and CEO of Percona
“This is an extraordinarily exciting time to be in the database business, and MySQL continues to play a vital role in helping companies achieve their goals. Our unmatched MySQL expertise, our reputation for delivering innovative and highly reliable software, and our proven ability to help customers solve their MySQL challenges and run their businesses with greater reliability continues to be rewarded with strong growth in our customer base and increasing attendance at our conferences. I offer congratulations and a heartfelt thank you to our team.”
(888) 401-3401 Ext. 555
Percona has made MySQL faster and more reliable for over 2,000 consulting and support customers worldwide since 2006. Percona provides enterprise-grade MySQL support, Consulting, Training, Managed Services, and Server Development services to companies such as Cisco Systems, Alcatel-Lucent, Groupon, and the BBC. Percona's founders authored the definitive book High Performance MySQL from O'Reilly Press and the widely read MySQL Performance Blog. Percona also develops software for MySQL users, including Percona Server, Percona XtraBackup, Percona XtraDB Cluster, and Percona Toolkit. The popular Percona Live conferences draw attendees and acclaimed speakers from around the world. For more information, visit www.percona.com.
# # #
Percona® and XtraBackup® are registered trademarks of Percona LLC or its subsidiaries. All other registered and unregistered trademarks in this document are the sole property of their respective owners.