Percona Named to 2013 Inc. 5000 and San Francisco Business Times Fast 100
PLEASANTON, California – January 22, 2014 – Percona, the company that makes MySQL faster and more reliable, today highlighted its continued momentum during the second half of 2013. Offering product and service innovations that help companies cost-effectively and reliably scale their database footprint with optimal performance and reliability, Percona has consistently demonstrated thought leadership on the direction of the MySQL industry, a visionary approach to technology, and brilliant execution on its strategy. During the second half of 2013, the company topped 2,000 total customers, experienced nearly 60% percent year-over-year growth in Support bookings, generated over 600,000 downloads of its open source software, and grew to more than 100 employees. The company’s Percona Live Conferences continue to draw the top companies and experts from across the MySQL industry, including all the major MySQL providers, with nearly 300 attendees at the Percona Live London MySQL Conference 2013.
Following the extraordinarily successful Second Annual Percona Live MySQL Conference last April and Percona Live London in October, Percona has announced the conference and tutorial schedule for the Third Annual Percona Live MySQL Conference and Expo 2014 to be held at The Hyatt Regency Santa Clara and Santa Clara Convention Center, April 1-4, 2014.
2013 Second Half Highlights
- Percona MySQL Support experienced explosive growth in bookings during the second half of 2013, reaching nearly 60 percent higher than the same period in 2012.
- Percona’s customer base topped 2,000 during the same period, while the company’s staff grew to over 100 employees located around the world.
- Percona was named to the 2013 Inc. 5000, making the list at number 1,566 out of all 5,000 companies and number 122 for all software companies. The company was also ranked No. 70 on the San Francisco Business Times Fast 100 list of the fastest-growing private companies in the San Francisco Bay Area.
- Downloads of Percona open source software including Percona Server, Percona XtraBackup, Percona XtraDB Cluster, and Percona Toolkit were more than 79 percent higher during the second half of 2013 compared to the same period in 2012. In all, Percona open source software was downloaded more than 600,000 times during the second half of 2013 with downloads of Percona XtraDB Cluster growing nearly 130 percent. In all, Percona delivered 63 open source software releases during 2013.
- Percona Live London, which took place in November of 2013, saw attendance increase by nearly 20 percent over the previous year and featured attendees from 31 countries.
- Percona delivered Percona Server 5.6, the latest release of the company’s enhanced drop-in replacement for MySQL, featuring all the improvements found in MySQL 5.6 Community Edition plus scalability, availability, backup, and security features found only in MySQL 5.6 Enterprise Edition. The free download of Percona Server 5.6 also includes superior diagnostics and improved integration with other Percona software.
- Based on independent tests, the performance of Percona Server consistently topped the performance of Oracle MySQL Community Edition, while introducing the advanced quality assurance practice of “pairwise testing” to enhance release quality.
- Percona continued its collaboration with Codership’s Galera product and established new software distribution channels for Percona software with the Debian and Ubuntu Linux distributions.
Peter Zaitsev, Co-founder and CEO of Percona
“With today’s big data and analytics trends, companies face unprecedented challenges to architect a cost-effective, high-performance data infrastructure that is highly reliable and scalable. Our customers continually tell us that they chose Percona because of our unmatched MySQL expertise and our reputation for delivering innovative and highly reliable software. The fact that we provide this as an open source solution means our customers are able to more effectively scale their businesses to meet growing demand. I’m very proud of the execution of our development, services, conference and operational teams as we continue to help set the agenda for the entire MySQL industry.”
(888) 401-3401 Ext. 555
Percona has made MySQL faster and more reliable for over 2,000 consulting and support customers worldwide since 2006. Percona provides enterprise-grade MySQL support, Consulting, Training, Remote DBA, and Server Development services to companies such as Cisco Systems, Alcatel-Lucent, Groupon, and the BBC. Percona's founders authored the definitive book High Performance MySQL from O'Reilly Press and the widely read MySQL Performance Blog. Percona also develops software for MySQL users, including Percona Server, Percona XtraBackup, Percona XtraDB Cluster, and Percona Toolkit. The popular Percona Live conferences draw attendees and acclaimed speakers from around the world. For more information, visit www.percona.com.
# # #
Percona® and Percona XtraBackup® are registered trademarks of Percona LLC or its subsidiaries. All other registered and unregistered trademarks in this document are the sole property of their respective owners.