Awards from DeveloperWeek and Database Trends & Applications Recognize Success
PLEASANTON, California – July 10, 2013 – Percona, the company that makes MySQL faster and more reliable, today highlighted continued momentum during the first half of 2013. Percona continues to deliver breakthrough products and services that help companies meet today’s data challenges by cost-effectively and reliably scaling their database footprint with optimal performance and reliability. Percona has surpassed 2,000 total customers, experienced nearly 80% year-over-year growth in Support bookings, generated over 500,000 downloads of its open source software, and grew to nearly 100 employees during the first half of 2013. The company’s Percona Live Conferences continue to draw elite companies and experts from across the MySQL industry, and a call for papers has been issued for Percona Live London. Percona has also garnered two notable industry awards, reflecting the impact the company is having on the MySQL community.
- Percona MySQL Support has experienced explosive growth with bookings in the first six months of 2013 nearly 80% higher than the same period in 2012.
- Percona grew total customers in the first half of 2012 to over 2,000, including hundreds of new, high-profile MySQL users from around the globe. The company has grown to nearly 100 employees located around the world.
- Downloads of Percona open source software including Percona Server, Percona XtraBackup, Percona XtraDB Cluster, and Percona Toolkit were over 90% higher during the first half of 2013 than the same period in 2012. Percona open source software was downloaded more than 500,000 times during the first half of 2013.
- Percona was recognized as The Top Innovator in the SQL Technologies category of the 2013 DeveloperWeek Best of Tech Awards. Award winners are determined by a combination of peer voting and a review from an independent panel of judges.
- Percona was named to the inaugural DBTA 100 list of the companies that matter most in data. The directory was compiled by the editorial staff of Database Trends and Applications (DBTA), and the 100 companies on the list were selected based on their presence, execution, vision, and innovation in delivering products and services to the data management marketplace.
- Pricefalls, an online marketplace and auction website, has standardized on Percona Server. After replacing MySQL Community Edition with Percona Server, the company achieved more than a 400 percent performance increase, gained greater insight into transactions, and improved its transaction tracking and data mining capabilities, all while controlling costs.
- The second annual Percona Live MySQL Conference and Expo was frequently called “awesome” by attendees who represented 35 countries on six continents, with total attendees growing by 15 percent compared to the 2012 event. Nearly 20 percent more sponsors exhibited this year than in 2012, and the conference schedule featured talks by industry luminaries from Oracle, Percona, 451 Research, HP Cloud Division, Amazon Web Services, Continuent, Monty Program Ab, and more.
- In addition to the annual worldwide conference, Percona engages and educates the MySQL community through its Percona Live London Conference, an intensive MySQL summit focused on the core topics needed for success with MySQL. Percona has issued a call for papers (CFP) for Percona Live London, which will take place November 11-12 at the Millenium Gloucester Conference Center. Potential speakers can submit proposals on the Percona Live website. Super Saver registration discounts are available through August 3, 2013.
- Percona introduced Percona Remote DBA, a new service that provides organizations with comprehensive database administrator (DBA) expertise as a service. Offered for a fixed monthly fee, the service enables the Percona DBA experts to log into a company’s MySQL servers remotely to apply operational best practices that optimize performance and availability, install monitoring software, and respond 24x7 to database problems.
- Percona released Percona XtraBackup 2.1, the latest version of the company’s open source hot backup solution for MySQL, MariaDB and Percona Server. The new version offers improved performance, enterprise-grade security, and lower resource usage.
- Percona released Percona Toolkit 2.2, the latest version of the company’s open source administration tools for MySQL, MariaDB and Percona Server. The new version adds support for Percona XtraDB Cluster and MySQL 5.6 and is also more resilient and easier to use.
Peter Zaitsev, Co-founder and CEO of Percona
“With the ever increasing growth of data, companies are under enormous pressure to reliably and cost-effectively scale their database infrastructures while maintaining optimal database performance. Our products, services, and conferences all help ease this pressure by enabling database professionals to optimize their use of best-of-breed open source software. We’re extremely gratified by the response to our conferences and the accolades we have garnered within our industry. And I’m very proud of the effort and accomplishments of our development, services and operational teams. It’s truly been an extraordinary year.”
(888) 401-3401 Ext. 555
Percona has made MySQL faster and more reliable for over 2,000 consulting and support customers worldwide since 2006. Percona provides enterprise-grade MySQL support, Consulting, Training, Remote DBA, and Server Development services to companies such as Cisco Systems, Alcatel-Lucent, Groupon, and the BBC. Percona's founders authored the definitive book High Performance MySQL from O'Reilly Press and the widely read MySQL Performance Blog. Percona also develops software for MySQL users, including Percona Server, Percona XtraBackup, Percona XtraDB Cluster, and Percona Toolkit. The popular Percona Live conferences draw attendees and acclaimed speakers from around the world. For more information, visit www.percona.com.
# # #
Percona® and XtraBackup® are registered trademarks of Percona LLC All other registered and unregistered trademarks in this document are the sole property of their respective owners.