Percona Experiences Record Growth in Service Bookings and Open Source Product Downloads; Continues Agenda-Setting MySQL Live Conferences and Launches OpenStack Live Conference
DURHAM, North Carolina – Jan. 7, 2015 – Percona, the company that makes MySQL and OpenStack faster and more reliable, today highlighted its continued momentum during 2014, a record year for the company. Percona’s products and services help companies cost-effectively and reliably scale MySQL, and the company consistently demonstrates thought leadership on the direction of the MySQL and OpenStack ecosystems. In 2014, Percona topped 2,800 total customers – a 40 percent increase over 2013 – experienced nearly 40 percent year-over-year growth in Support bookings and 65 percent year-over-year growth in Managed Services bookings, generated more than 1.9 million downloads of its open source software, and grew to nearly 130 employees. The company was named to the 2014 Inc. 5000 list for the second consecutive year and won two Silver Stevie Awards, for Company of the Year and New Product or Service of the Year.
The company’s Percona Live Conferences continue to grow and draw the top companies and experts from across the MySQL industry. The third annual Percona Live MySQL Conference and Expo, held in April, drew more than 1,100 attendees from 40 countries. The fourth annual Percona Live MySQL Conference and Expo is scheduled for April, 2015, and Percona has launched a new annual conference, the OpenStack Live Conference, which will run in parallel with the MySQL event.
- Percona enjoyed strong bookings growth with Managed Services bookings increasing nearly 65 percent year-over-year, Support bookings increasing nearly 40 percent year-over-year, and overall bookings growing nearly 36 percent year-over-year.
- Percona XtraDB Cluster was made available as a click-to-deploy solution on the Google Cloud Platform. The solution makes it simple and easy to set up and configure a multi-master MySQL cluster on Google Compute Engine. Other notable database-as-a-service (DBaaS) users of Percona open source software include Rackspace Cloud Databases, which introduced a click-to-deploy version of Percona Server in 2014, and HP Cloud Platform Services.
- Percona renamed its MySQL administration services to Percona Managed Services and began offering Percona Backup Service, a managed service that ensures properly configured MySQL server backups run successfully as scheduled on customer-provided backup storage—on premises, in the cloud, or in a hybrid environment.
- Percona partnered with Webyog to provide Gold and Platinum Percona Support customers with MONyog Ultimate Edition plus Percona Advisors, an installable set of rules, alerts, and recommended actions for MONyog. Percona partnered with Severalnines to provide Percona Support customers that choose the high availability support option with Severalnines Cluster Control Enterprise Edition, the leading solution for monitoring and management of high availability MySQL deployments.
- Percona announced the availability of Percona Cluster Support -- a bundled solution that brings together Percona XtraDB Cluster, Severalnines Cluster Control Enterprise Edition, and Percona Support – to make it easy to deploy and manage a high availability cluster based on Percona XtraDB Cluster.
Open Source Software:
- Percona experienced a nearly 60 percent increase in software downloads year-over-year, from just under 1.2 million in 2013 to 1.9 million in 2014, including Percona Server at more than 800,000, Percona XtraBackup at more than 500,000, Percona Toolkit at more than 350,000, and Percona XtraDB Cluster at nearly 250,000.
- Percona improved management of high availability MySQL with the release of Percona XtraDB Cluster 5.6.
- Percona open source software became even more widely used in the OpenStack ecosystem with Percona XtraDB Cluster, Percona Toolkit for MySQL, and Percona XtraBackup now included in the Ubuntu 14.04 LTS (Long Term Support) release of the Linux operating system. Percona XtraDB Cluster is also now certified for the Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform (RHEL OSP). Percona Server is also a member of the Tesora OpenStack Database Certification Program.
Conferences and Webinars:
- More than 1,100 attendees from 40 countries participated in the Third Annual Percona Live MySQL Conference and Expo, an increase of 15 percent over the previous year. The event was sponsored by 34 companies and featured talks by industry luminaries from Oracle, Dropbox, Fusion-io, Continuent, and many more. It also featured the first ever Open Source Appreciation Day with tracks focused on OpenStack and CentOS.
- The Percona Live London MySQL Conference, which took place November 3-4, 2014, confirmed global enthusiasm for MySQL and OpenStack, drawing attendees from more than 30 countries.
- Percona Live MySQL Conference & Expo 2015 will take place April 13-16 2015, at the Hyatt Regency Santa Clara and Santa Clara Convention Center.
- Percona announced a new annual conference, OpenStack Live Conference and Expo, which will run in parallel with the Percona Live MySQL Conference & Expo 2015. OpenStack Live 2015, which will take place April 13-14, brings together OpenStack experts, evaluators, users, and solution providers to accelerate knowledge sharing, fuel innovation, and create opportunities for new partnerships.
- Percona was a sponsor of the OpenStack Paris Summit 2014 and participated in three presentations. Percona was also a sponsor and presented two talks at the OpenStack Atlanta Summit 2014.
- Percona continued its ongoing free webinar series, offering a total of 29 webinars on MySQL and OpenStack during 2014.
- Percona was named to the 2014 Inc. 5000 list for the second year in a row.
- Percona was included in the DBTA 100 2014 list of Companies That Matter Most in Data.
- Percona won two Silver American Business Stevie Awards in the “Company of the Year, Computer Software, Up to 250 Employees” category and in the “New Product or Service of the Year - Software – Other” category.
- Percona was a finalist for the inaugural Stratus Awards for Percona XtraDB Cluster.
- Percona was named a Red Herring North America 100 Finalist.
Peter Zaitsev, Co-founder and CEO of Percona
“2014 has been an extremely rewarding year for Percona. We continue to leverage our expertise with the full MySQL stack to deliver high-value services across the MySQL market. In addition, our increased activity in the OpenStack community has enabled more organizations to leverage our MySQL expertise to enhance their OpenStack efforts. Now, as our clients and users increasingly use hybrid environments which combine MySQL with NoSQL solutions, we will also be there to help them to succeed on both platforms.”
(888) 401-3401 Ext. 555
Percona has made MySQL faster and more reliable for over 2,000 clients worldwide since 2006. Percona provides enterprise-grade MySQL Support, Consulting, Managed Services, and Training to companies such as Cisco Systems, Alcatel-Lucent, Groupon, Time Warner Cable, and the BBC. Percona's founders authored the definitive book High Performance MySQL from O'Reilly Press and the widely read Percona Performance Blog. Percona also develops open source software for MySQL and OpenStack users, including Percona Server, Percona XtraBackup, Percona XtraDB Cluster, and Percona Toolkit. The popular Percona Live and OpenStack Live conferences draw attendees and acclaimed speakers from around the world. For more information, visit www.percona.com.
# # #
Percona® and XtraBackup® are registered trademarks of Percona LLC. All other registered and unregistered trademarks in this document are the sole property of their respective owners.