Bundled Solution Includes Percona XtraDB Cluster 5.6, Severalnines ClusterControl Enterprise Edition, and Percona Support Services
Santa Clara, CA Percona Live MySQL Conference and Expo 2014 – April 2, 2014 – Percona, the company that makes MySQL faster and more reliable, today announced the availability of Percona Cluster Support, a bundled solution that brings together the software and services needed to easily deploy and manage a high availability cluster for MySQL®. Percona Cluster Support bundles three distinct offerings: Percona XtraDB Cluster 5.6, an open source high availability clustering solution for MySQL; Severalnines ClusterControl Enterprise Edition, the industry-leading MySQL cluster management solution; and Percona Support for MySQL, support services provided by some of the most knowledgeable MySQL experts in the world. Percona Cluster Support is available immediately in three configurations (3, 9 and 18 nodes) to meet the needs of organizations ranging from those that are new to MySQL clustering to those that are rapidly scaling their existing high availability environment.
Percona Cluster Support Components
Percona Cluster Support addresses the needs of businesses that are moving to or already rely upon MySQL clustering for scalability and high-availability but that would benefit from a comprehensive solution. Percona has bundled the software and services these companies need so they can spend less time configuring technology and more time running their businesses. The solution consists of three components:
- Percona XtraDB Cluster 5.6, an open source high availability clustering solution for MySQL, which integrates Percona Server 5.6, Codership Galera 3, and Percona XtraBackup 2.1 into a single, easy-to-deploy, and cost-effective solution. Because it is based on Percona Server 5.6, a drop-in replacement for MySQL, Percona XtraDB Cluster 5.6 is an easy upgrade for current users of MySQL 5.6 or 5.5, Percona Server 5.6 or 5.5, or MariaDB 5.5. Percona Server 5.6 is far less expensive and easier to deploy than MySQL (NDB) Cluster and much more functional than MySQL replication.
- Severalnines ClusterControl Enterprise Edition provides invaluable management and monitoring tools for administering a high-availability environment. ClusterControl Enterprise Edition, the de-facto management solution for Galera-based clusters, provides the highest levels of monitoring and management capabilities for Percona XtraDB Cluster. Percona has worked closely with Severalnines to ensure full compatibility of ClusterControl Enterprise Edition with Percona XtraDB Cluster, and the Percona Support team can assist users with configuration and administration of the tool.
- Percona Support is a highly responsive, effective, and affordable option to ensure the continuous performance of MySQL deployments. Friendly Percona Support professionals are highly experienced MySQL experts with deep technical knowledge and are accessible 24x7. Customers can call Percona Support to speak to a technician, or they can log their issues online and Percona will provide rapid support via email or chat. Gold and Platinum levels include fixes for verified bugs. At a customer’s request, Percona will log in to a customer deployment to help investigate and resolve issues.
- Percona Cluster Support Silver Edition – A 3 node cluster with a basic level of support that includes telephone and online access.
- Percona Cluster Support Gold Edition – A 9 node cluster which, in addition to the features of Percona Cluster Support Silver Edition, includes rapid fixes for verified bugs for the MySQL platforms and versions that Percona supports. Percona Support staff will also assist with Emergency Data Recovery.
- Percona Cluster Support Platinum Edition – An 18 node cluster that includes all of the features of Percona Cluster Support Gold Edition plus customers are assigned a Technical Account Manager they can contact to help coordinate their support requests. Platinum customers also have access to Advanced Data Recovery assistance and Consultative Support for advice on architecture decisions, tools, processes, hardware choices, and more.
- Percona Cluster Support Silver Edition is $14,900 per year for the standard 3 node configuration
- Percona Cluster Support Gold Edition is $40,000 per year for the standard 9 node configuration
- Percona Cluster Support Platinum Edition is $75,000 per year for the standard 18 node configuration
Percona Cluster Support Configurations
Companies require different levels of Percona Cluster Support depending on their size, resources, and stage of their high availability maturity. As a result, Percona Cluster Support is offered in three configurations:
Percona Cluster Support includes up to four hours of consultative support for an installation or upgrade during the term of a customer’s contract. During this annual review Percona can analyze their Percona XtraDB Cluster deployment, assist with installation or upgrades, and help install and configure Severalnines ClusterControl Enterprise Edition.
Percona Cluster Support Pricing
Percona Cluster Support is priced as follows:
Other configurations and pricing are available upon request.
Seppo Jaakola, CEO of Codership
“Percona XtraDB Cluster built with Galera technology has made high availability MySQL accessible to any MySQL user. Organizations with mission critical MySQL deployments can now cost effectively deploy clustering to ensure the satisfaction of their end users. This bundled solution from Percona will make it even easier for companies to deploy or rapidly grow their Percona XtraDB Cluster environment while receiving the support they need to be successful. We are excited to be an integral part of Percona Cluster Support and look forward to growing our close relationship with Percona on this important solution for MySQL users.”
Vinay Joosery, Co-founder and CEO of Severalnines
“We are very pleased to continue working with Percona to make it easier and faster for companies to deploy MySQL clusters and ensure high availability for their databases. Bundling Severalnines ClusterControl Enterprise Edition and Percona XtraDB Cluster with Percona’s industry-leading support service enables customers to rapidly deploy and successfully manage high availability MySQL environments. This new bundled solution will make it very fast and easy for MySQL users to launch or grow their MySQL HA environments.”
Peter Zaitsev, Founder and CEO of Percona
“Our goal in creating Percona Cluster Support was to answer the increasing demand from our customers for a fast, simple way for them to safeguard access to their data. With the support of Severalnines and Codership, Percona Cluster Support makes it possible for every company with mission critical data, even those with limited budgets, to ensure high availability. And with multiple Percona Cluster Support options, we’ve ensured that our customers can right-size their deployment in order to maximize ROI.”
(888) 401-3401 Ext. 555
Percona has made MySQL faster and more reliable for over 2,000 consulting and support customers worldwide since 2006. Percona provides enterprise-grade MySQL support, Consulting, Training, Remote DBA, and Server Development services to companies such as Cisco Systems, Alcatel-Lucent, Groupon, and the BBC. Percona's founders authored the definitive book High Performance MySQL from O'Reilly Press and the widely read MySQL Performance Blog. Percona also develops software for MySQL users, including Percona Server, Percona XtraBackup, Percona XtraDB Cluster, and Percona Toolkit. The popular Percona Live conferences draw attendees and acclaimed speakers from around the world. For more information, visit www.percona.com.
# # #
Percona® and Percona XtraBackup® are registered trademarks of Percona LLC or its subsidiaries. All other registered and unregistered trademarks in this document are the sole property of their respective owners.