Conference Committee of Distinguished MySQL Industry Veterans Selects Representatives from Oracle, Facebook, Google, Twitter, Yelp and More to Speak at Information-Packed Event
DURHAM, North Carolina – Dec. 4, 2014 – Percona, the company that makes MySQL and OpenStack faster and more reliable, today revealed the initial roster of speakers and sponsors for the fourth annual Percona Live MySQL Conference & Expo 2015 to be held April 13-16, 2015, at The Hyatt Regency Santa Clara and Santa Clara Convention Center. Sponsorship opportunities for the event are still available, and Super Saver Registration discounts are available through Dec. 14, 2014 at 11:30 p.m. PST.
Percona Live MySQL Conference & Expo 2015 is the world’s premier MySQL industry event, and this year Percona has also unveiled OpenStack Live 2015, a new conference that will run in parallel with Percona Live MySQL Conference & Expo 2015 on April 13 and 14.
Initial Speaker Roster
The 2015 conference will feature a variety of formal tracks and sessions related to High Availability, DevOps, Programming, Performance Optimization, Replication and Backup, MySQL in the Cloud, MySQL and NoSQL, MySQL Case Studies, Security, and What’s New in MySQL.
The full conference agenda will be announced in January, but the list of speakers and topics is already impressive, with representatives from Oracle, Facebook, Google, Twitter, Yelp and more. The initial roster includes:
- Sunny Bains, Senior Engineering Manager at Oracle; “InnoDB 5.7- What’s New”
- Yoshinori Matsunobu, Database Engineer at Facebook; “Fast Master Failover Without Data Loss”
- Jeremy Cole, Senior Systems Engineer at Google, Inc.; “Exploring Your Data With InnoDB Explorer”
- Tom Krouper, Staff Database Administrator at Twitter; “Upgrading to MySQL 5.6 @ Scale”
- Jenni Snyder, Database Administrator at Yelp; “Schema changes multiple times a day? OK!”
- Ike Walker, Database Architect at Flite; “Assembling the Perfect MySQL Toolbox”
- Jean-François Gagné, Senior System Engineer/Architect at Booking.com; “Binlog Servers at Booking.com”
- Jeremy Glick, Lead DBA at MyDBAteam, and Andrew Moore, MySQL DBA at Percona; “Using MySQL Audit Plugins and Elasticsearch ELK”
- Tomáš Komenda, Team Lead and Database Specialist, and Lukáš Putna, Senior Developer and Database Specialist at Seznam.cz; “MySQL and HBase Ecosystem for Real-time Big Data Overviews”
- Alexander Rubin, Principal Consultant at Percona; “Advanced MySQL Query Tuning”
Percona Live MySQL Conference & Expo 2015 features a dedicated Conference Committee composed of:
- Tamar Bercovici, Senior Engineering Manager at Box
- Colin Charles, Chief Evangelist for MariaDB
- Sean Chighizola, Senior Director of IT Operations at Big Fish Games
- Jeremy Cole, Sr. Systems Engineer at Google
- Harrison Fisk, MySQL Performance Engineer at Facebook
- Patrick Galbraith, Principal Engineer at HP
- Jay Janssen, Consulting Lead at Percona
- Shlomi Noach, Senior Software Engineer at Outbrain (Conference Chairman)
- Chris Schneider, Database Architect at Groupon
- John Scott, Lead Database Administrator at Wellcentive
- Gwen Shapira, Solutions Architect at Cloudera
- Shivinder Singh, Database Architect and Engineer at Verizon Wireless
- Calvin Sun, Senior Engineering Manager at Twitter
- Morgan Tocker, MySQL Community Manager at Oracle
- Peter Zaitsev, Co-founder and CEO of Percona
Sponsorship opportunities for Percona Live MySQL Conference & Expo 2015 are available. Sponsors become a part of a dynamic and growing ecosystem and interact with more than 1,000 DBAs, sysadmins, developers, CTOs, CEOs, business managers, technology evangelists, solutions vendors, and entrepreneurs who typically attend the event. Current sponsors include:
- Diamond Plus: VMware
- Gold: Codership, Pythian
- Silver: Box, SpringbokSQL, Yelp
- Exhibit Only: FoundationDB, Severalnines, Tokutek, VividCortex
- Other Sponsors: MailChimp
- Media Sponsors: Database Trends & Applications, Datanami, InfoQ, JAXenter, Linux Journal, O'Reilly Media
Planning to Attend?
Super Saver registration discounts for Percona Live MySQL Conference & Expo 2015 are available through Dec. 14, 2014 at 11:30 p.m. PST.
Visit the Percona Live MySQL Conference & Expo 2015 website for more information about the conference. Interested community members can also register to receive email updates about Percona Live MySQL Conference & Expo 2015.
Percona Live Conferences
|What:||Percona Live MySQL Conference & Expo 2015|
|Where:||The Hyatt Regency Santa Clara and Santa Clara Convention Center|
5101 Great America Parkway Santa Clara, CA 95054
|When:||April 13-16, 2015|
(888) 401-3401 Ext. 555
Percona has made MySQL faster and more reliable for over 2,000 clients worldwide since 2006. Percona provides enterprise-grade MySQL Support, Consulting, Managed Services, and Training to companies such as Cisco Systems, Alcatel-Lucent, Groupon, Time Warner Cable, and the BBC. Percona's founders authored the definitive book High Performance MySQL from O'Reilly Press and the widely read Percona Performance Blog. Percona also develops open source software for MySQL and OpenStack users, including Percona Server, Percona XtraBackup, Percona XtraDB Cluster, and Percona Toolkit. The popular Percona Live and OpenStack Live conferences draw attendees and acclaimed speakers from around the world. For more information, visit www.percona.com.
# # #
Percona® and XtraBackup® are registered trademarks of Percona LLC. All other registered and unregistered trademarks in this document are the sole property of their respective owners.